Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: 100NL: How Much Do I Bet?

You're getting about 3-1 right?

In any case, I've never been a big proponent of calling because the pot odds are good with a hand like that. It's not a pot odds sort of hand. Much of the money you are going to make with a hand like that is going to have to be done via theft, which is a lot harder to do oop.

I will give you that the limp/re-raiser gave you a great price to flop a monster in terms of stack sizes. You were calling $3 to make $100+. When someone telegraphs a big pair like that there is a lot more room to play the hand. So, in retrospect, I don't entirely hate playing the hand given the action. I would pass if it had been raised and called prior to your action. I am a position nit, though. I don't play very many hands out of position. I really don't like playing the low suited connectors out of position.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:48 PM

get it in there!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:50 PM

pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Old 09-18-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're getting about 3-1 right?

In any case, I've never been a big proponent of calling because the pot odds are good with a hand like that. It's not a pot odds sort of hand. Much of the money you are going to make with a hand like that is going to have to be done via theft, which is a lot harder to do oop.

I will give you that the limp/re-raiser gave you a great price to flop a monster in terms of stack sizes. You were calling $3 to make $100+. When someone telegraphs a big pair like that there is a lot more room to play the hand. So, in retrospect, I don't entirely hate playing the hand given the action. I would pass if it had been raised and called prior to your action. I am a position nit, though. I don't play very many hands out of position. I really don't like playing the low suited connectors out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 3-to-1, not 4-to-1. Oops.

Anyway, draws are pretty easy to play against passive players, IMO. My hand is also completely disguised, and when I hit this type of flop, he's never getting away from a big pair. It's not a hand I would normally play OOP (or IP, for that matter), but I can't find a single spot PF where I should fold 64s.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I weakish bet of about $25 might entice him to come over the top with an overpair. Thoughts ?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I can't find a single spot PF where I should fold 64s.

[/ QUOTE ]

...except against a short stack.