Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Tropicana AC

Has anyone been to the trop poker room in AC recently? I have a group that goes annually and I heard a rumor that the room is changing. Has any changes occurred? Our trip is in early October and I am trying to gather as much info as possible prior to our arrival.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Tropicana AC

The room has not changed yet. They already have a new room set up which will be smaller and have about 40 tables.
They are just waiting approval.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM

I was in the trop for my first live poker (in a poker room) ever this past week. Had a great time playing 1/2nl 2 nights and won about $400 in 8 table hours. I don't know much about it though before this...they seemed to have a bunch of tables, drinks took like 45 mins each tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM

If you do a search there have been some discussions about the proposed new room at the Trop. It's going to happen (per the floor staff there), but nobody knows exactly when.
It'll be behind where the room is now, in a slot area next to the restrooms. I guess 40 (I heard 30) tables, all with autoshufflers. Limits/games will stay the same, new TV's, electronic wait list, etc...all are WAAAAYY overdue.
They're thinking about having a BBJ, so they can get an extra $1 from every pot. The guy I talked to said they're not sure about the tournaments. Haven't they changed this recently ?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:47 PM

No idea about changes, but this is a pretty decent room to play in, very bad/weak play.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:26 PM

The daily tournaments are cancelled until further notice.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone please confirm that this is all tournaments, and not just the morning tournaments that have been cancelled since mid-July.

I believe it was only morning tournaments, and I would like to squash the "rumor" that all tournaments are cancelled if it is not true. Tropicana, unlike the restooms, keeps the online tournament schedule updated promptly. If it was all tournaments, I believe something would be posted on the webpage.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone please confirm that this is all tournaments, and not just the morning tournaments that have been cancelled since mid-July.

I believe it was only morning tournaments, and I would like to squash the "rumor" that all tournaments are cancelled if it is not true. Tropicana, unlike the restooms, keeps the online tournament schedule updated promptly. If it was all tournaments, I believe something would be posted on the webpage.

[/ QUOTE ]

PD.......I think you are correct. I just checked the web site again and they have REMOVED the reference to the daily tourneys being cancelled (it was there about 1.5 weeks ago).....sorry folks....seems like things are changing rather quickly over there.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:46 PM

They took what used to be a decent room and turned it into crap. I will be patiently awaiting the auto shufflers.