Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much is a seat in the game worth?
Nothing 9 4.43%
>100 23 11.33%
101-150 27 13.30%
151-200 14 6.90%
200+ 130 64.04%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Official Champions League Final Thread.

So its Liverpool vs AC Milan.
A rematch of the 2005 final, both teams already have the champions league for keeps, what more history can you ask for?
I think its too close to call right now but of course Im going to pick Liverpool.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Official Champions League Final Thread.

In a one off game, I think AC Milan takes it, but I will be rooting for Pool.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 AM

If Milan play the same way they did in the their last match against United, Liverpool don't stand a chance.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:42 AM

Because Milan can really cut up the Liverpool midfield and defense the way they cut up a tired, make-shift ManU squad. Right.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:44 AM

I don't think Liverpool attacks enough. Seems more important in a one off. However if Crouch plays, we can throw everything out the window!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:22 AM

Forza Calcio Italia!!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because Milan can really cut up the Liverpool midfield and defense the way they cut up a tired, make-shift ManU squad. Right.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because even with Rio fit, it would have been very difficult for us to get a result there given the way Milan played. Their goals may have come from defensive errors but they restricted us to very few chances offensively. Liverpool's midfield is no match for that of Milan and if they play Gerrard out on the right as I suspect they will, Pirlo will open them up from the middle with his trademark passing.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:19 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

yeah, im rooting for milan at this point. i hate liverpool and kaka is owning the champions league.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:24 AM

I think this will be an incredible match.

Milan have a weaker team than they did in 2005. Gillardino and Inzaghi are not Schevchenko and Crespo (who ripped us apart in 2005 in the first half)

OTOH, their finals will arrive in greater numbers and won't let them down like they did in Istanbul (Gerrard's goal silenced their fans and the fear transmitted palpably to the team). Also, the midfield, while the same, has had two more years or working together as a unit and is probably stronger now. Dida's form is not what it was. They are all even older (though the idea in 2005 was to play tight, play for extra time and let the oldies run themselves ragged - LOL at that, and the fact that they were br far the stronger and fitter in extra time).

Liverpool are unquestionably stronger. Kuyt>Baros, my grandma>Traore. It's a close call who I'd rather have, Hamann or Mascherano, Hyppia or Agger. Dudek, while great in the penalties, was a liability for 90 minutes. Reina is better, though not much better. Finnan's fit. Luis Garcia is a big loss. Alonso's form has been poor this season.

As I've said, if he's fit and can demonstrate some form before the end of the season, I think Kewell may play. He'd give Oddo a hard time. I though Pennant was really good (and I hate the little [censored]) against Chelsea.

So I think it will be close. Milan will be hungrier, but they have an unhappy knack of falling apart in big matches, especially those they think they have won. And it doesn't take much for that great team to develop big holes. Any injuries in the midfield would be disasterous.

Lastly, we have Steven Gerrard - possibly not the best, but certainly the greatest player in the world. The guy has won every cup going, some of them mpore or less single-handed. They cannot legislate for that and they will fear him.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because even with Rio fit, it would have been very difficult for us to get a result there given the way Milan played. Their goals may have come from defensive errors but they restricted us to very few chances offensively. Liverpool's midfield is no match for that of Milan and if they play Gerrard out on the right as I suspect they will, Pirlo will open them up from the middle with his trademark passing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carragher, Finnan, Agger in defense - definitely of the best the premiership have to offer. Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano in midfield - all world class. Liverpool are weak up front and on the left, certainly, but if you think Milan are going to dominate the midfield, or that Inzaghi will cause more trouble for Carragher et al than, say, Drogba you are sorely mistaken.

Liverpool 2007 are stronger than Liverpool 2005.
And Milan 2007 are, without Crespo and Shevchenko, weaker IMO.