Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 PM

Default LAG versus Hyper LAG

Im an NLH LAG player and i win an average of two max buy ins in a 1 hour period. Ive have seen good Hyper LAG players make 10 times there max buy in 30 minutes to 1 hour. So i started recently playing a Hyper loose Agressive style and i have been winning an average of about 5 max buy in an hour even with all the variance. Its great. When i was a good TAG player i would only win about 1 max buy in per hour.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: LAG versus Hyper LAG

It all comes with level I think. I think at the lower levels you are really setting yourself up for sick variance but at higher levels LAG is the only way to go. Since I am still at a lower level I am trying to work on opening my game up.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:48 PM

If you're only winning 5 buy ins an hour, you just arent very good.

You should shoot for a bare minimum of 10.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:16 PM

i believe im good comapred to other players at the table. Most of them are negative there buy in a few are profiatble but not by much.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 PM

you're winning 5 buy-ins each hour, on average. or does your write-up need some editing??
Old 04-17-2007, 09:45 PM

ok OP, define "HYPER" LAG

I play pretty laggish but I tighten up a little postflop.
If you're winning as much as you're winning, you ought to be showing down or else theres no way you could make 5-10 buyins within an hour.

I'll open the pots with any suited connects and any suited gappers and proceed to the flop aggressively, but even then most of the time I'm either way behind or not called. It's only when I hit hard that I would profit greatly. Otherwise playing laggish, most hands have no showdown value.

ELABORATE
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 PM

Yeah, 5 buy-ins is pretty sick... even if we are talkin' half-stackin' that is like 250bb/hr. If true congrads, you are the greatest poker player ever!

...other than your friend that is making like 1000bb/hr of course...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im an NLH LAG player and i win an average of two max buy ins in a 1 hour period.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this post you said:

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been a NLH player for about 8 months, i never really had any bad variance swings and now im making about two times my max buy every day so my profit for the day is 200% of my max buy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So... you average playing 1hr/day (that you play)?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:45 PM

Heres just a little bit of info. This is basic strategy but i would have to write a book to explain it all so sorry if this sounds shallow.

I raise any two cards from 27 to AA, 5 to 10 times the BB pre flop and post flop continuation bets about 1/2 pot to 3/4 size the pot dont matter what i have. Ill bet the turn hard if i connect on the flop or turn, ill check the turn if i totally missed or i may raise if i missed and i feel Villian is weak. On the river usally Villian is trapped if i have the best hand he has to call for the remaing of his chips. But im gone by the turn if i can read my opponent is strong. After playing like this for a while a TAG will start valuing his top pair and two pairs very strong and thats when you hit you straight, little flush, set or full house and you stack him. Its all about hand reading being very agressive confusing the hell out of villian and getting all your money in with strong hands. But one word of caution dont play this way without alot of experience i have played 20k hands to get to this level. Also i played a long time as TAG so i understand there tendancies. one more thing this strategy works better shorthanded 4 to 6 players max.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:04 AM

More than that, I wanna know how you manage between 250bb and 500bb per hour. Are you 44-tabling?