Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 09:50 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: What Supplements should I be taking?

ok i ordered creatine and i already ahve whey protein so ill see how this goes.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't take anything until you have your diet, routine, sleep and life in order. 99% of getting huge, ripped, fat, skinny whatever comes down to your diet, a good amount of sleep, and discipline, determination and time spent working toward the results in the gym in a PRODUCTIVE way (i.e. not the stairmaster for 2 hours). Supplements are pointless for the general population as there are huge gaping holes in their exercise/diet routine to begin with that no amount of supplements is going to help.

All this being said, I take fishoil...that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post meshes nicely with common sense, and with what I'm currently trying to do. Thanks for the motivation boost.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:03 PM

whey protein is the most important and at your stature if your really serious i would go 1.5-2grams per pound of body weight per day. i also take GNC's megamen's multi-vitamin pack in the morning (glutamine, nitric oxide and other minerals) and creatine monohydrate (5g per day). i cycle this 2 months on one month off.

there's a tremendous, tremendous website about your overall diet here: Everything You Need to Know about Bodybuilding

it covers everything from your workouts to sleep to your diet to supplements. i took the sample diet that's given by the author and adjusted it to my custom stats and have been very happy. he explains everything very well and can get you started on the right track.

AZK's post is dead on accurate as effectively gaining lean muscle mass requires a complete lifestyle change. supplements are the least important component of that change. keep that in mind. this doesn't mean it can't be fun and exciting. good luck...

G
Old 10-28-2007, 11:00 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

"i would go 1.5-2grams per pound of body weight per day"

so how mcuh would that be? 1.5x150? seems like a lot but idk.

btw what would happen if i keep eating the way i do but stay to the workouts? i dont eat bad but i dont eat great.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:25 AM

Along with OP, i have a question too.
What can you tell me about the first thing to take in the morning on an empty stomach?

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:02 AM

I thought I was already taking too many supplements but I've seen BCAAs mentioned a few times. If I'm already supplementing with NOxplode / Hypershock / Glutimine + Taurine would I still benefit from BCAAs
Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"i would go 1.5-2grams per pound of body weight per day"

so how mcuh would that be? 1.5x150? seems like a lot but idk.

btw what would happen if i keep eating the way i do but stay to the workouts? i dont eat bad but i dont eat great.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes that's correct. it depends on how serious you are and how often and intense you workout. if your doing like me, squats, deadlifts, bench along with isolaton excercises and splitting up your workouts 3 times per week, then 1.5 or even 2 times your weight in protein gram absorption is not excessive.

anyway, it doesnt sound like your serious if your not planiing on changing your diet, which is fine. but there's no real reason to get supplements if theres not diet plan, just a waste of money. you can still see a change and even a big change from recreational lifting, but nothing nearly as fast or major as you would using diet/supplements to compliment your lifting.

G
Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Along with OP, i have a question too.
What can you tell me about the first thing to take in the morning on an empty stomach?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Bump for an answer! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ty!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 AM

coffee
Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 PM

protein...