Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Pocket pair 99

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with most of your line here.

Complete pf to keep the hand cheep to get away from. And you are out of position (as previously mentioned).

Check-raise the flop if it's one back to you. Fold it it's 2.

Bet-fold the turn.

Then again, maybe there's a reason I play full ring for nickle and dimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

give some reasons for flop line please

[/ QUOTE ]

If you limp pf then check the flop, someone close to your left will almost certainly bet.

If everyone limps/ folds I think you face draws and can then raise accordingly. If it's 2 back to you, it's an easy fold.

Assuming a safe turn (and I think this is a safe turn), main threat is the pf bettor. A lead on the turn should tell you whether you are favourite.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you limp pf then check the flop, someone close to your left will almost certainly bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who exactly? How do you know they will "almost certainly bet"?

[ QUOTE ]
If everyone limps/ folds I think you face draws and can then raise accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't limp on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If someone bets and someone calls you can't say you are just facing draws.

I don't understand, what are you trying to accomplish with flop check-raise? How often are you going to be check-raising a pair of Jacks with the worst hand?

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming a safe turn (and I think this is a safe turn), main threat is the pf bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

What preflop bettor? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I think you said you want to complete preflop, so there is no raise.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with most of your line here.

Complete pf to keep the hand cheep to get away from. And you are out of position (as previously mentioned).

Check-raise the flop if it's one back to you. Fold it it's 2.

Bet-fold the turn.

Then again, maybe there's a reason I play full ring for nickle and dimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

give some reasons for flop line please

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone limps/ folds I think you face draws and can then raise accordingly. If it's 2 back to you, it's an easy fold.

Assuming a safe turn (and I think this is a safe turn), main threat is the pf bettor. A lead on the turn should tell you whether you are favourite.

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering this is a passive table, a bet on your left is bad news. They're betting into several players; passive players don't do that with draws and 2nd pairs. If the bet comes from the button, I might consider c/r'ing.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who exactly? How do you know they will "almost certainly bet"?

.....erm, top pair, middle pair, a flush draw, anyone making a stab for the pot having seen noone so far show any strength. I think it's far more likely that someone has a sniff and will bet than not. Don't you think there is any merrit or even possibility of a check/ raise?

[ QUOTE ]
If everyone limps/ folds I think you face draws and can then raise accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't limp on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If someone bets and someone calls you can't say you are just facing draws.

Excuse my terminology. I think a made hand above 99 would raise a flop bet. I'd say anyone calling a bet is probably on a draw to beat 99.

I don't understand, what are you trying to accomplish with flop check-raise? How often are you going to be check-raising a pair of Jacks with the worst hand?

I'm trying to work out if I'm good, and if so charge more for draws. I think sometimes I will incorrectly check raise a pair of jacks, but not often.

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming a safe turn (and I think this is a safe turn), main threat is the pf bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

What preflop bettor? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I think you said you want to complete preflop, so there is no raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies, I meant flop bettor.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:21 PM

GRUNCH:

PF: I don't like raising here. When there are this many limpers, I treat middle pairs more like small pairs, hoping for a set. Raising is okay too, though.

Flop: Standard. You have to bet here, IMO.

Turn: Keep going

River: You missed a value bet, IMO -- you can pretty safely bet/fold this river. The 7 doesn't really hit any draws to speak of except crummy runner-runner straights. So a raiser has a J or 2-pair generally.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:28 PM

limp PF. too many people have put money in and too many are going to put more money in. as played donk donk donk for value.