Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Competition at $11, $22 and $33s

I used to maintain a good average ROI in the Stars 11s and 22s STTs, but stopped playing then in 2006. Recently I went and looked at the state of these games and noticed the level of skill has improved - is this true, or am I just seeing things?
It would be good to hear from people who are currently playing these games, and were playing them throughout 2006

Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Competition at $11, $22 and $33s

always getting better, but are definitely beatable. ive played them all, its weird but the play gets progressively harder as the buy-in increases. theres not really much other people can say about it, you have to just try them out yourself
Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 PM

You really think the players are getting better in these small buy-in SnG's? I play turbos anywhere from the 1 table $16's to the 5 table $11's and $27s,and it seems nearly every time I bust out,it is vs a losing player (according to Sharkscope),and it is getting quite frustrating,I mean these DONKS are giving their money to someone!!!!Anyone else got any views on the skill levels of the low buy-in SnG's,personally I think the massive influx of players wanting to just play 'bingo poker' is going to affect,good players,due to the short time you have to get used to them,and the infrequency that you run into them again.Or is this just reasonable variance in the 5 table turbos?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM

umm... waaaaaaaaamulance has been called...

In all seriousness, IBL.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the play gets progressively harder as the buy-in increases.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it that way at all. Depending on the time of day you jump in on the PS $16 turbo's you'll find several 2+2'ers, its not uncommon to table up with a very strong crowd. The tables can fill too fast to really table select well. Turbos again, over $20 can have some very fishy fields.... I think some of the weakest play are in the $30 to $55 range, this is just gut. To the OP, yes I believe its changed tremendously. Lots of the top SNG players have moved to cash, others have moved down in buy-ins and are pwning the lower limits with more tables.....
Old 05-10-2007, 05:03 PM

Hey man Im not whining,Im still winning,just making an observation,and wondered if anyone else had experienced it.Try it when u bust out of a low level SNG look 'em up,it is quite startling how much these players are losing at the stakes they play.

IBL....???????