FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which RB to start?
Julius Jones @ Was 0 0%
Fred Taylor vs. Ten 2 100.00%
Wali Lundy @ NYG 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2007, 05:27 AM

Default This forum needs a makeover

I've made this proposal twice in the past and nobody has said a word about it. I think now is as good as time as ever to pump some new life around here.

Nobody seems to get along, this "x month chatter thread" sucks no matter how much Performify or others bring it up. This forum is all about individuals.

Crockpot's threads/picks have illustrated why this change is necessary. His threads are the breeding ground of any discussion and interaction between people. People don't want to read about some donkey's parlay (which has been complained about for months). Additionally nobody cares about a new poster's picks and only care about themselves. It's more evident here than in the poker boards. It's unfortunate but take a look through the posts here.

The plus side to Crockpot's threads are that it's the only time people are actually interacting with each other.

I'm going to say this one last time, before I basically retire from caring about anything that goes on here, nor contributing. This place needs help and everyone knows it.

Please, please, OH PLEASE MAKE ONE THREAD PER DAY PER SPORT. Every other forum has this structure. Why is this the place for individuals? No wonder nobody ever wants to help anybody.

Official MLB 4/21 thread,, everyone can put their picks, talk about the games, and sweat the games there. Post your fucktarded parlay there. Post your BBV crap in the thread.

Come next week have 3 threads each day. The 4/29 MLB thread, the 4/29 NBA thread and the 4/29 NHL thread. Whatever is going on that specific day have one thread for it.

Look at the Televised Poker forum. Look at the Sporting Events forum. One thread for the MNF game. Not 6 people with posts saying "my analysis on the game". There is one thread for each TV show as it goes live. "2/18 USPC ESPN airing thread" People talk about the hands, who looks drunk, or whatever else.

Do people really like reading 6 different threads about the same thing?

Which threads here are the most interactive here? UFC threads!!! Why??? Cause there is ONE per event. Performify would usually make it. His picks go there, so do everyone elses. Why is that just for UFC?

What are the drawbacks? People can just post their records and + units to date in the daily threads. People can really look back and research you if they care. If people really feel that this is important make an offical monthly thread people can bump with their results in. Post what line the game is when you bet it. Wouldn't it be nice to follow the betting trends? See at 10AM what people were taking, then at 6PM what has changed?

This place needs a community feel for it to really grow. Crockpot's threads are the only thing that is creating any semblence of that. Assume this place quintupled in traffic overnight. Are you going to want to read 35 poster's picks on the same thing in 35 different threads?

I was going to make a poll simply asking

A- keep it how it is with individual threads everywhere
or
B- try this new way out to increase interaction

If I made the poll, it goes againist the entire point of this post. Community. Write what you think about it instead of clicking a button. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: This forum needs a makeover

even if i am new poster, and you dont care about my opinion, i must 100% agree... on other forums, we got "NHL 4/21", "MLB 4/21"... and some private 'blogs' for Horse Race and stuff... additional threads about betting systems and stuff... way better to read.

Cheers
Old 04-21-2007, 05:37 AM

Of course I care. The fact that you made your first post on 2+2 regarding this speaks volumes to the reasoning behind it.

Welcome.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:55 AM

on the one hand it would be cool to have a platform to discuss picks and read other people opinions, on the other hand i dont know if there are so many 2+2 users who are into NHL betting as i am.
and at last, i dont see the problem with allowing 1 extra thread per playday per sport... on the STT poker forum people are supposed to create one thread per hand that should be discussed... can you guess how often i read about "$16 50/100 AKs UTG overplayed?"... haha

ofc we can have those discussions in other forums, but that's no good reason for not supporting the idea at all.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:54 AM

Before reading the first post, I thought "What could this forum have to make it better?" and immediately thought of one thread per day, per sport. Good to see others have that opinion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think it is a very good idea, would help make it more organized, and would encourage posting. I've been betting on the NBA every day for example, but with no thread just for the NBA, I've not bothered posting my picks, especially as my reasoning(which I write up for another forum) is generally one to two sentences max.

I think one thread per day per sport would really encourage others to add to discussion.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:47 AM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

nooooo my precious monopoly on attention...
Old 04-21-2007, 10:26 AM

It needs way more help than elimination of clutter. Too many people are unwilling to share information and yet all too willing to tell others who are trying to share information that they are wrong, with one-liners that serve to help no one. Why would anyone want to try to post useful information after seeing what happens to those who do and make a mistake? It's an anti-freeroll. If you're right, you get silence. No thanks, no gratitude, just people using the information to profit and potentially decrease your bottom line. If you're wrong, you get bashed by trolls with 77 useless posts and more importantly, by people you have helped to make tons of cash in the past who want to maintain some image on an internet message board.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:23 AM

I would like one daily thread / sport, and I would think the sooner it starts the better. More discussion is always better as the thing I dislike most is people posting picks without any type of argument as to why they're making that bet.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:24 AM

agree that this place blows, not sure I agree with the solution. definitely don't agree with this:

[ QUOTE ]
Official MLB 4/21 thread,, everyone can put their picks, talk about the games, and sweat the games there. Post your fucktarded parlay there. Post your BBV crap in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are going to have one MLB thread allowing that garbage would totally ruin it. It either needs to be stamped out (my preference) or kept tightly in the Chatter thread.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It needs way more help than elimination of clutter. Too many people are unwilling to share information and yet all too willing to tell others who are trying to share information that they are wrong, with one-liners that serve to help no one. Why would anyone want to try to post useful information after seeing what happens to those who do and make a mistake? It's an anti-freeroll. If you're right, you get silence. No thanks, no gratitude, just people using the information to profit and potentially decrease your bottom line. If you're wrong, you get bashed by trolls with 77 useless posts and more importantly, by people you have helped to make tons of cash in the past who want to maintain some image on an internet message board.

[/ QUOTE ]
i hate to write that, but you are prolly right about that... if this forum got so many 'trolls' it might end very bad...