Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 Flop

id bet a grand maybe a little more and hope they fold. if they call u have overcards and the backdoor flush and straight draw.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:43 PM

I check behind here as this type of flop is certainly one that may have hit either one of my opponents and I'll be happy to see the next for free as any bet i make here cannot withstand a checkraise from an agg. opp like MJ who may make a play with a hand like QJ. I typically don't look to semi- bluff into a 3 way pot any board containing a 10 that is remotely coordinated. If the pot were HU and my opponent was much shorter i may be more inclined to take a stab at the pot but certainly not in this situation.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:40 PM

raise T1500..if this does not fold every one out you are beat or out played
Old 12-06-2005, 10:47 PM

I believe here you have to take into account your stack size and the size of a bet an over pair would make to protect it. If an your going for that illusion then your trying to win the pot right there. That is going to take a bet close to 10% of your stack. Even though I want to bet here to keep control this is a tournament and chips are the name of the game.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:10 PM

Check; we're too likely to be checkraised here, and there's a chance the turn will help us.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:36 PM

We have enough chips and position.
I bet 3/4 of the pot here, maybe 1,200; I think anything less gets CR. Plus we're saying "I'm ahead, but the board is kind of scary, let's end this now."

If we get callers then I'm hoping for a drawing card then to check behind on the turn seeing a free river card.

I don't see us getting raised here. We're showing big pocket pair -- a set will probably try to slow play us in this situation. If we do get CR it's probably by AT which isn't a range I put anyone on.

Right now I put everyone on pocket pairs or suited connectors. The CO having JTs wouldn't surprise me.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, there is 2K in the pot and 11K in my stack. I want this pot. The villains are certainly going to assume that this missed me (and of course it did), but that doesn't mean I am ready to give up. I'm betting out - 1200 is the right size. It is enough to show that I am serious about the hand while small enough to allow me the All-in bluff I'm planning on with FE over disagreeable hands like JQ. So my plan is to bet 1200, and then come over-the-top AI if raised to 3600 or less. This will be, naturally, after a considered pause in which I am carefully weighing my options and doing imaginary math in my head.

Why am I doing this? Because I believe I have FE over any pair. I am going home if they have T9, or trips, but that's ok. A board like this, an AI to shut out all draws is understandable and I think it is likely that they will put me on JJ-AA, or at worst AT.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, this is nutty. Does anyone else strong disagree with this? Are there really no better spots for you to get all your money in??

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your disagreement. I think it's insane to play this line with the given stack. This is a move to make at a different time and different place.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:22 PM

What's with people going through the forum and bumping discussions that wrapped up almost a year ago?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:14 PM

I c-bet and rep something real. Even if they hit, they're still behind what our two bets say we have.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with people going through the forum and bumping discussions that wrapped up almost a year ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen this thread, I'm glad they did bump it