Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Will stars do anything about this? (cheater)

This is covered under rule 16 in their posted tourney rules on the web site (http://www.pokerstars.com/tournamentsrules.html) . First offense usually results in a warning.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are Online tournament rules similar to live tournament rules, to the extent, you can discuss your hand and lie about your hand, but you can not disclose your hand?

Is this even correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Close but no cigar, you have to lie about your hand, but if you opponent knows you will always lie then telling the truth is like lying and that's okay.

Stars has a detailed explanation of suitable hand chat in its FAQ section, and I would also reference the T&C cause they also address this topic.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:46 PM

I posted "PokerStars say you can break their rules" a couple of weeks ago and got slaughtered by majority of posters.

This is blatent cheating and rule breaking. The people doing it should be reported and forfeit their money if they win. However, Stars will only warn them 1st time. So report it.

Why Stars cant make it clear that breaking their rules will result in loss of winnings I don't know. But criticise Stars at your peril here.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:10 PM

It was very correctly pointed out in that thread that life-bans for minor first-time infractions would be detrimental to our game. That didn't change your mind about first time table-talkers?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was very correctly pointed out in that thread that life-bans for minor first-time infractions would be detrimental to our game. That didn't change your mind about first time table-talkers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Life ban??????? when did I ask for that?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:54 PM

It absolutely amazes and bewilders me that you still think that players who break this rule the first time should forfeit their winnings. What the hell is wrong with you?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted "PokerStars say you can break their rules" a couple of weeks ago and got slaughtered by majority of posters.

This is blatent cheating and rule breaking. The people doing it should be reported and forfeit their money if they win. However, Stars will only warn them 1st time. So report it.

Why Stars cant make it clear that breaking their rules will result in loss of winnings I don't know. But criticise Stars at your peril here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got lambasted last time for your outrageous inflexiblity with respect to the issue, and your lack of knowledge as to how this type of an infraction has always been dealt with by poker rooms. It is an infraction, one which does not necessarily lead to the automatic disqualification from a tournament. You are aware that you can commit a crime for which the sentence is less than the death penalty, right? Well, this is a lot more like that.
A warning is appropriate.

It isn't collusion, and its unlikely to give the speaker a real advantage. I'm sure we can all come up with some nefarious and unlikely hypotheticals, but its most likely just inaprropriate table talk. And FWIW, few players would credit anything a player said in such a situation.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:20 AM

I can say 'I have a monster' at any time right? I mean it's just table talk at that point isn't it?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 AM

Oh no – we are getting into the same argument. There are many things you can say but one thing you cannot do in a tournament, when others may be affected, is tell what your hand is.

The fact that it has been done before, or “its not collusion” or “how do you know it affected the outcome” is IRRELEVENT.

Stars admit it is against their rules. There shouldn’t be any argument as to whether the rule is broken. The only argument is what is the penalty and on Stars for a 1st offence it is a warning. Most people seem happy with this.

But why do we keep getting comments like “it happens all the time”. The fact it happens a lot doesn’t somehow make it right or acceptable. Just report rule violations and hope the player doesn’t repeat it.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]