Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-26-2007, 03:43 PM

Default NLTRN - $20 reg - flopped a combo draw

first hand (seriously)

Full Tilt Poker Game #4303554716: $20 + $1 Heads Up Sit & Go (32646062), Table 1 - 10/20 - No Limit Hold'em - 12:58:28 ET - 2007/11/26
Thebutton is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to <font color="blue">combodraw</font> [4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
VinSane32 raises to 60
<font color="blue">combodraw</font> calls 40
*** FLOP *** [2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
<font color="blue">combodraw</font>

a total plan would be appreciated - if i bet, what do i do if i get raised; if i check, what do i do if villain bets; if it gets checked through, whats my plan on blank turns and turns where i hit?

i know its a lot, but i just want to know what to consider in these spots

holla
martin
Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: NLTRN - $20 reg - flopped a combo draw

Check, call, donk the turn, depending on the size of the flop bet.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 PM

anything?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM

c/r around 3x whatever he bets.

If he checks behind, bet 80 on any turn.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:27 PM

I would fold Pre-flop

IF it gets check thru I would be happy since I do not technically have a hand. and I would bet the turn to try and take it down(taking his check as weakness) if I am raised tho I it would depend on the size of the bet but if I am getting worse than 2 to 1 I would fold
IF he bets I might check raise all in it +EV whether I get called or not, I would rather not get called of course but
I don't like a potsized c/r because I am too deep and would be left in a tough situation the 75% of the time my hand does not hit on the turn
But then again if my pot sized c/r has as much FE as my shove it could make up for it
I dunno
As I said I would fold pre flop
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 PM

landonfan,

the check/raise would be my usual play, as well, but here is why i'm asking.

stacks are 1500

preflop pot is 120

let's say villain's cbet is 100 (on average some people just pot it some are 60 or 80 but whatev)

that means my check/raise is to 300

if villain threebets (let's say he pots it to like 1000) we'd have awful implied odds (only 500 more chips) even though we'd obv never had any fold equity.

i know this could just be paranoia (or the wrong thought process) but i feel like a lot of the time that we have high implied odds (bc villain has a strong hand) our check/raise is unnecessary anyways and might get us blown off the hand.

obv the semi-bluff is still pretty strong on this board if villain will c-bet a lot because the board is not one where many preflop raising hands can really bet/call (since the majority will be UI cards in between the A and 6).

all of this being said, i think it might be better to donk the flop - it limits the betting a little easier in that it will fold all of those other hands like KT (albeit it does collect less money on the flop if we can be sure they're c-betting) and also keeps the expected amount of money put in a lot smaller - for example if we donk like 80 into the 120 and get raised (again around the pot so to like 500) we'd then be calling about 400 to win 700 in the pot and 950 in villain's stack (bc we can now assume that we can get it all-in if we hit).

i dunno, just a thought
bbbushu
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 PM

oh yeah part of the above is that we're in such a weird spot on the turn if our check/raise actually gets called
Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 PM

It depends how an unknown will react to a donk bet. My assumption would be that most people are going to get more stubborn against them than a c/r because a) it's cheaper, and b) it looks fishy. You'll probably have to bet again on the turn to get him off his medium pair type hands. So you'll be betting in total around what you'd bet with a c/r, except with the c/r you get money from his nothing hands. Of course, this is assuming that my donk bet theory is correct, plus that he'll c-bet with air.

And yeah, you're in an ugly spot if your c/r gets called. I guess the best play here is just to try to see the river as cheaply as possible (minbet ftw).
Old 11-27-2007, 08:19 AM

well i think bet/re-raise is a good line against a good thinking opponent as there is a chance he may lay down weak aces.

Against generally bad players i would check/call flop. Check-raising if i hit my draw on turn, check-calling otherwise. Then probably betting 2/3 on river if hit and check-folding otherwise.

however, against vinsane32 i would check the flop then get annoyed as i fold the flop to his all-in bet.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 AM

I think you should go for the check-raise anyway in this spot. According to pokerstove you are at worst 40% dog, if he has an ace. Obviously he is not going to have an ace everytime so you will win the pot a decent amount of times uncontested.

Not sure what to do on the turn though if he calls. I would think a double barral, perhaps slightly less than you normally bet to draw cheaper while still not showing a lot of weakness.

Just imo anyways ^^