Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 03-06-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Thomas Jones expected to be traded :(

I for one don't mind this trade that much. Although I highly undervalue running backs. I think Benson/Peterson will be a fine tandum for the next year. Although if the Bears organization is just being cheapskates again...ugh after this season things will probably start to fall apart again for another decade.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:55 AM

I LOVE Adrian Peterson, and I think he will definately be able to fill in as the 2nd back behind Benson.

I just don't see the value in this trade. If you are going to trade Jones, OK. He would have probably left after next year anyway, but at least get some value!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I LOVE Adrian Peterson, and I think he will definately be able to fill in as the 2nd back behind Benson.

I just don't see the value in this trade. If you are going to trade Jones, OK. He would have probably left after next year anyway, but at least get some value!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I misread and thought the Bears got the jets 2nd round pick for him straight up. Not so great trade. I'll pass judgment after the draft I guess. I don't know what's going on in their skulls.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I misread and thought the Bears got the jets 2nd round pick for him straight up. Not so great trade. I'll pass judgment after the draft I guess. I don't know what's going on in their skulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

This trade would be great if it was 2nd round pick for TJ straight up.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:06 AM

The Bears offseason could not be any more of a trainwreck. This is looking like we'll win 5 or 6 games next year. Everything that has happened has made this team less likely to return to the Super Bowl next season.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:19 AM

We are following the path of previous NFC champions, with a few excpetions, of returning to mediocrity after a great season.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:46 AM

As a Jets fan, I absolutely LOVE this move. Stealing that second-rounder last year from Washington was awesome!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the bigger concern is what the hell are the Bears doing messing with Briggs---show him the money!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody who falls into this trap are those stupid Bears fans you always talk about. Because he does not deserve to be paid more than Urlacher and shouldn't be.

I'm a bit confused if this is just giving Thomas Jones away. I like Jones alot, but the writing is on the wall, he is gone after next season. I would have no problem getting value for him. But is this really value? I guess we have to wait until the trade is complete. I think I even like it if it is both of the Jets second round picks for Jones and the Bears second pick.

My main concern is Benson. He seems to not be able to hold up to his running style. I don't know if it is the carries he had in college building up on him or he just can't lower the shoulder on bigger stronger guys. I see an early fade out for him in the near future. The only problem is that by the time he is useless I think Jones will be as well.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it is the carries he had in college building up on him or he just can't lower the shoulder on bigger stronger guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see the NE/Bears game this year? Junior Seau didn't completely discombobulate his arm by simply falling on the ground after making a tackle...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 AM

Cedric Benson: come for the pouting, stay for the fumbles!