Old 11-25-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: 3/6 tp reraised pot

dump girl, stay away from marginal situations when on the phone, call flop
Old 11-25-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dump girl, stay away from marginal situations when on the phone, call flop

[/ QUOTE ]

worst part is shes not even my gf. I think I drop about 100/min when im playing this many tables and ppl call me.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:27 PM

yeah i really [censored] hate it when the phone rings and its my wife asking whether we need milk or something equally banal and its the straw that broke the camels back and my brain just explodes and arrrrrgghghghgh
Old 11-25-2007, 07:31 PM

I mean, wtf is he supposed to do with most of his range here (QQ-99, AQ AJ) when I make that small raise? If he folds every time its a huge leak. I imagine he calls but if hes good and decides he needs to go broke with TT,JJ hed probably push rather than just call.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, wtf is he supposed to do with most of his range here (QQ-99, AQ AJ) when I make that small raise? If he folds every time its a huge leak. I imagine he calls but if hes good and decides he needs to go broke with TT,JJ hed probably push rather than just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you never bluff raise that flop, then he doesn't need to play back with worse hands. So you have to bluff to make this play profitable. I think u'll have to bluff alot more than you want to, or he thinks you do to make this good.

thoughts?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 AM

This is basically a psychology question with regards to how you think he'll interpret your raise. The hand you actually do have is probably the last hand he expects you to have, as most people's flop raising range is polarized between monster made hands (AK+ on this board), draws, and airs. Since there are so few monsters on this board, and since you may choose to slowplay them often on a board this dry, if he's a thinking player he may often interpret your raise as FOS and shove a wide range.

In reality though I generally just assume most unknown 22/18's are sort of pussies, especially slightly deep, and while he should theoretically be shoving over your raise with a wide range, he'll mostly have the goods when he does.