Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 08:02 AM

Default I think I have a serious leak. Help me fix it.

Ok so have just started grinding out micro NL (used to be a donkandgo player) have played about 30K hands 10NL/25NL not all of which are in my PTdb due to whoring uncompatible sites. With bonuses I have made about 1.2K and am looking to make the move to NL50.

So for kicks I load my ptdb into pokerev calculator, and have been surprised by the results. These graphs say it all:

Now this may be many things as I am new to this NL thing:

[]Standard
[]Sample size to small
[]Horrible river/showdown spewing.

According to the EV software I am losing my shirt at showdowns but am doing ok on other streets. There could be many reasons for this:

Calling to much
Bluffing to much
FPS

I also think that maybe the aggression that is winning me pots on the flop and river is losing me pots on the river, and that I need maybe to stop firing that third barrel.

There is however the strong possibility that this graph is meaningless because it is so strongly biased towards 25NL results as against 10NL, and I have just recently tilted off about $200 which I think is the reason for the big cliff fall and the end of the graph. However even before then my showdown winnings were less then stella.

Anyway any input would be appreciated, and also just typing this helps at it serves to concrete the fact that I must pay attention to this in my future play and observe results.

I want to move up to 50NL and want to make sure this issue is dealt with, though currently unsure exactly what the issue is and even if there is an issue.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: I think I have a serious leak. Help me fix it.

I even know what it is. Your name.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:12 AM

i read somewhere that you can not have the green line above red/blue at low stakes bc everyone calls too much. Well obv you can [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You are doing something well and I would like to know what it is, my green line is known as the "x axis" unfortunately [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 08:54 AM

my green line is above the blue line, it has something to do with aggression.

but OP has a leak. He basicly never wins a pot at showdown.

I think you should review your turn and river numbers, maybe you call too much on the turn with draws. Payoff with TP hands where villains show you you are beat.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 AM

In SNGs, they are scared to call off their last dollar. At micro limits, they try to give it to you. Rarely do you need to bluff them.

My guess is you are too aggressive on the turn with marginal hands, so you get stuck on the river. Pretty sure the micro limit winning strat is: raise some reasonable cards preflop, continue betting on the flop, fold to resistance on turn/river unless you've actually made something.

Or just jump up to $1000NL, their hands never reach SD.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In SNGs, they are scared to call off their last dollar. At micro limits, they try to give it to you. Rarely do you need to bluff them.

My guess is you are too aggressive on the turn with marginal hands, so you get stuck on the river. Pretty sure the micro limit winning strat is: raise some reasonable cards preflop, continue betting on the flop, fold to resistance on turn/river unless you've actually made something.

Or just jump up to $1000NL, their hands never reach SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds about right, however I want to fix this is a way that keeps the green line where it is, and moves the blue line up.

Anyone know how I use PT to look at my turn play/results?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:44 AM

Click on the more detail box and stats will popup.

Look at Turn/River AF, Fold to Riverbet, Turn-River%, WTSD, W$@SD
Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 AM

Try making a new graph without the data from untested sites. Those graphs are not reliable if they contain hh's from sites that don't show mucked hands at showdown. I think that's part of the problem.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:44 AM

OP:

This is interesting, but it's basically impossible to analyze without your PT data. Upload your general and "detailed" (and "position" stats and post them (probably in the "stats" page or else this may get locked), and i'm sure the collective UNL group will see what we/they can do about telling you whats wrong.

GL.

Todd
Old 10-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Post your stats in here or stats thread, an EV graph can only tell you very little about your play