Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Winning Player Losing Badly and Needs Advice

[ QUOTE ]
It's poker. We play to take our opponents money. I don't want to voluntarily help competition lose less money to players like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol the [censored] leave and stay out of the thread
Old 10-14-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, a 10+ buy in downswing can easily be variance. It could also be down to just being a bad player, which is usually the case with most people.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I've gone on a 10 buy in downswing from my peak to my low point of the day on 3 seperate days this week.... a "10 buy in downswing" gets a big LOL.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm on roughly a $15,000 downswing at 2/4. My account is around 13k from its peak around 28k a few months ago.

My game...Since then...Has gotten exponentially better. I explored my potential leaks and started shutting their doors left and right. I discovered (through 2+2 and experimentation) different approaches to hands and am better able to understand why they work or don't work.

I have come so far from where I was but can't even out my huge losses with wins. Either coolered or bad beat (more bad beats than coolers...I'm trying to eliminate some of those from my game too).

Someone please tell me what to do. Tonight is the best I have just about ever played and I'm down 1k (see example hand in PP thread) right now.

I can move down, but I don't see what that will do besides slowdown busto-ness. My game SHOULD be a winning one at 400 (and likely is by other players, just not me). I'm not crazy or (exceptionally) full of myself.

So to reiterate, PLEASE HELP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider you another midly competent regular. The last thing I would do is help you become a better player. I hope you lose the rest. It's how we make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get why people would help their enemies? Any player who sits down at the table to take my money is fair game. If you wanna succeed in poker, you have to be as ruthless as me. Anyone worth their salt will not be giving this guy advice to improve his game. If anything, they will mess with his head by giving terrible advice.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm on roughly a $15,000 downswing at 2/4. My account is around 13k from its peak around 28k a few months ago.

My game...Since then...Has gotten exponentially better. I explored my potential leaks and started shutting their doors left and right. I discovered (through 2+2 and experimentation) different approaches to hands and am better able to understand why they work or don't work.

I have come so far from where I was but can't even out my huge losses with wins. Either coolered or bad beat (more bad beats than coolers...I'm trying to eliminate some of those from my game too).

Someone please tell me what to do. Tonight is the best I have just about ever played and I'm down 1k (see example hand in PP thread) right now.

I can move down, but I don't see what that will do besides slowdown busto-ness. My game SHOULD be a winning one at 400 (and likely is by other players, just not me). I'm not crazy or (exceptionally) full of myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider you another midly competent regular. The last thing I would do is help you become a better player. I hope you lose the rest. It's how we make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get why people would help their enemies? Any player who sits down at the table to take my money is fair game. If you wanna succeed in poker, you have to be as ruthless as me. Anyone worth their salt will not be giving this guy advice to improve his game. If anything, they will mess with his head by giving terrible advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want 2 give him advice that's fine, don't give him advice.... but it comes off as a bit over the top when you go out of your way to post in his thread that you're not gonna help him and that you hope he loses everything....
Old 10-14-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's poker. We play to take our opponents money. I don't want to voluntarily help competition lose less money to players like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban this [censored].
Old 10-14-2007, 12:07 AM

Gir,

It's impossible to lose that money at 2/4 just by a downswing. The games are not that tough. You are clearly doing some thing wrong. Post PT stats, EV graphs, hands etc.

linuxrocks
Old 10-14-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you have an idea here bike. start a forum called 3+3
where poker players post hand histories and all the moderators will reply with insults, telling you to go F-off and die all you low life scum losers. I think this is the forum that fits you better.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, a 10+ buy in downswing can easily be variance. It could also be down to just being a bad player, which is usually the case with most people.

[/ QUOTE ]

BOO [censored] HOO...ur stuck 10x 20bb BIs.

will someone ban this shortstacking POS already. not only do u add nothing at all you try to detract from the conversation as you do in all ur posts and try to stir up [censored] w/ everyone.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:10 AM

I like seeing how my alternative opinion will be received by other poker players. Other people enjoy it as much as I do. Plus like a lot of people on web forums I have a huge ego and enjoy being a know it all.

OP will have to look into the depths of his soul and figure out what is stopping him from winning. Only after honest self-evalution will he find the answers.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like seeing how my alternative opinion will be received by other poker players. Other people enjoy it as much as I do. Plus like a lot of people on web forums I have a huge ego and enjoy being a know it all.

OP will have to look into the depths of his soul and figure out what is stopping him from winning. Only after honest self-evalution will he find the answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might have to change names if you ever want advice from this forum.

To the OP, have you ran PokerEV? What does it say? Post some of your recent PT stats. Maybe we can find something?