Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Double barreling in a reraised pot yo

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($101.41)
SB ($99)
BB ($268.01)
UTG ($108.39)
MP ($67.25)
Hero ($124.72)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3.69</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $8.31.

Flop: ($25.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, UTG calls $18.

Turn: ($61.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $45</font>

Villain is kinda loose and bad...
Old 11-28-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Double barreling in a reraised pot yo

villains most likely hand is AK when he calls the flop lolololooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

If you think that this is fine then his combos of K-x (where x is not A) must equal combinations of K-A or worse and he must be prepared to fold them.

I did this today except the A was on the flop and villain had KJ and called both. Was so sick coz he busted my set with an OESD all in on turn and then got busted by sum1 else and leffTT OMFGOGMOMFOg
Old 11-28-2006, 07:25 PM

another point is : If you think that villain will call JJ and QQ on this flop aswell as AA KK AK KQ KJ then you shouldn't really bet this flop.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 PM

Loose and bad villains are not the ones to try this against, since they will not lay down 88, or whatever.

Another reason this is bad is that you're turning a decent hand into a total bluff.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Loose and bad villains are not the ones to try this against, since they will not lay down 88, or whatever.

Another reason this is bad is that you're turning a decent hand into a total bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

we beat 88 loollllllllllllllllllll and, he is bluffing lol
Old 11-28-2006, 07:41 PM

Looks fine.
[ QUOTE ]
another point is : If you think that villain will call JJ and QQ on this flop aswell as AA KK AK KQ KJ then you shouldn't really bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is you talking about. I'd 2nd barrel sometimes even w/o the ace on the turn to fold out JJ/QQ (although I might not vs. this particular guy since he's loose and bad, hard to make that kind of decision on paper). And betting the flop is fine because you fold out random pocket pairs. Bla bla I know, folding out worse hands sucks. Not when you think they will only bet if they improve. Also villain can easily have two overs so I want to fold them out. Unless he's so bad that he's a spew monkey and will bluff us very very often, I always bet the flop.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:42 PM

I don't like the turn bet. you are betting $45 that he has KQ IMO. And he might not even fold that. Just check behind
Old 11-28-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What is you talking about. I'd 2nd barrel sometimes even w/o the ace on the turn (although I might not vs. this particular guy since he's loose and bad, hard to make that kind of decision on paper). And betting the flop is fine because you fold out random pocket pairs. Bla bla I know, folding out worse hands sucks. Not when you think they will only bet if they improve. Also villain can easily have two overs so I want to fold them out. Unless he's so bad that he's a spew monkey and will bluff us very very often, I always bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok enjoy that.... only combos of overs are AJ JQ and AQ, secondly we are gonna bet the turn if we check the flop.

Protecting against pocket pairs costs far more than the "they only bet if they improve" cost...
Old 11-28-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn bet. you are betting $45 that he has KQ IMO. And he might not even fold that. Just check behind

[/ QUOTE ]

my exact thoughts
Old 11-28-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we beat 88 loollllllllllllllllllll and, he is bluffing lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, bad example, but I think the point stands. And I know he's bluffing--I'm saying I don't think he should be, obviously.