Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Way-Too-Early NBA Rookie of Year Predictions

I think it'll be Yi.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even from a sample as small as we have now, I think it's pretty fair to say that it is extremely unlikely he will ever have the impact of a Howard, James, Garnett, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like you say, sample is too small. Give the kid some time and some talent in Seattle.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i watched durant more than enough in college to know he's a great shooter/scorer. his percentages will be fine by next year, and i expect him to be in the 24-26 ppg range.

however, his lack of rebounds and assists has me quite worried. as does the fact that he has put on no weight since college.

ive projected him to carmelo anthony since the draft, and really haven't changed my mind at this point. in fact, im pretty sure denver would not trade melo for durant.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently he has put on 12 lbs, which is significant; he probably won't ever be huge, but weighing 235 should be enough to play the 3. it was pathetic that he couldn't bench 185, but he's not freakishly developed like lebron james was at that age.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:42 AM

Al Horford
Yi Jianlin
Sean Williams
Jamario Moon
Jeff Green

Also remember Durant was awful in the summer league and preseason, so those are some more data points against him.

Rookies not playing so crappy veterans can play
Mike Conley
Old 11-20-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even from a sample as small as we have now, I think it's pretty fair to say that it is extremely unlikely he will ever have the impact of a Howard, James, Garnett, etc.

I'm eagerly awaiting Bill Simmons's response to his whole Durant "best player evar" type stuff from last spring/summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow james and garnett maybe, but i think saying howard is selling him very short.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 AM

I think Al Horford is the early early favorite. At least among those with a noggin. Horford's just one of those hard working, reliable players you need to have a good team. I mean I hated Florida taking the title and wanted nothing more than a chance to beat them a 2nd time (Kansas fan obv). But I find it hard not to like Al.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm eagerly awaiting Bill Simmons's response to his whole Durant "best player evar" type stuff from last spring/summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow james and garnett maybe, but i think saying howard is selling him very short.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its a pretty safe bet that Durant will never be as good as Howard is right now. Howard is just sick, somehow Orlando is 4th in defensive efficiency starting Rashard Lewis as power forward along with such defensive stalwarts as Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:32 AM

yeah, he's just doing dirty awful things at the age of 21. If he can turn it over a bit less and create on his own a little more, we're looking at an all time great. I don't want to suck his dick yet cuz he gets away with 3 seconds on both ends like mad and acted like a baby after a couple of hard fouls in the celtics game.

Plus he's a 7' black guy. I probably couldn't suck his dick if I tried [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its a pretty safe bet that Durant will never be as good as Howard is right now. Howard is just sick, somehow Orlando is 4th in defensive efficiency starting Rashard Lewis as power forward along with such defensive stalwarts as Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson.

[/ QUOTE ]

howard is playing very well this season but he is not a 20/10'er yet; the magic started off well last season too, but faded. i think we need to see more of durant to say this.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, he's just doing dirty awful things at the age of 21. If he can turn it over a bit less and create on his own a little more, we're looking at an all time great. I don't want to suck his dick yet cuz he gets away with 3 seconds on both ends like mad and acted like a baby after a couple of hard fouls in the celtics game.

Plus he's a 7' black guy. I probably couldn't suck his dick if I tried [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
i laughed