Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 04:32 AM

Default I am 3bet on flop holding an overpair

Villain has TAggish stats after 50 hands.

The last twice I had a big pair, I 3bet preflop and took it down. I decided to flat call with my large pairs and this hand came up.

I made a small flop raise after he appeared to show weakness, to try to keep him in with a 3 or 6 outer - probably a mistake. Once he 3bets, I considered a push, but decided at the time that I would only get a call from AA, KK or possibly JJ. In hindsite, Ad Xd would likely call with 12 to 15.

Villain might be aggressive enough to bluff the river, but this is $50 NL full and I am behind a K anyway. Easy fold?

I have $45, Villain covers

Dealt to mack848, Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

steino18 calls [$0.5].
CptPoops folds.
Villain raises [$1.5].
mb1723 folds.
mesa4x12 folds.
Hero calls [$1.5].
bldyknck folds.
rexp21 folds.
steino18 calls [$1].

** Dealing Flop **, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] – Pot is $5

steino18 checks.
Villain bets [$0.5].
Hero raises [$3.5].
steino18 folds.
Villain raises [$6].
Hero calls [$3].

** Dealing Turn **, K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] – Pot is $17
Villain bets [$7].
Hero calls [$7].

** Dealing River **, 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] – Pot is $31
Villain bets [$23.67].
Hero ?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:39 AM

Default Re: I am 3bet on flop holding an overpair

id fold to the flop minreraise. even if u are ahead here hes going to make it expnsive to get to showdown and only 2 cards are cards u wanna see. if your going to raise the flop raise to 6 so he knows your serious. u might have encouraged a reraise with a worse hand because u made it seem like ur trying for a cheap draw/steal. with a marginal hand thats someting u dont want to do.

reraise preflop next time.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:51 AM

i would have played the hand with a reraise pf or if you wanted to flat call then i'd atleast make a real bet on the flop. as played i'd prolly call the turn at 3.5 : 1, river now that the flush is out there and the K i think this is pretty easy to get away from.

-dm
Old 08-08-2006, 04:57 AM

If you're going to have postition, and know you'll see the flop HU's, then flat calling is fine sometimes. This isn't one of those times. You need to re-raise pre-flop.

You need to make a pot sized raise on the flop. Your raise doesn't really give us anymore information about villians hand. A Tagish player is going to mini-bet into 2 opponents on a board with a possible flush draw, doesn't make sense. Villian could have pair and draw, over pair under yours.

As played, raise the turn. There are a lot of hands you're still ahead of and you're continuing to complicate things for yourself.

Fold river.