Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Re: If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant]

[ QUOTE ]
my take on this is that if you are in the left lane, you should be riding the bumper of the car in front of you until he changes lanes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually drive faster than most of the drivers on the road, but when someone does this to me, I slow the [censored] down just to piss them off. Keep your distance and I have no problems getting over to let you pass. Ride my ass and I'm not going anywhere. Unless of course you try to pass me to the right, then I downshift and hit the gas.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my take on this is that if you are in the left lane, you should be riding the bumper of the car in front of you until he changes lanes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually drive faster than most of the drivers on the road, but when someone does this to me, I slow the [censored] down just to piss them off. Keep your distance and I have no problems getting over to let you pass. Ride my ass and I'm not going anywhere. Unless of course you try to pass me to the right, then I downshift and hit the gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, deserve to be shot. I agree with tailgating being terrible (probably the cause of most accidents), but if someone gets the chance to tailgate you that means that you already failed to shift over a lane, making you the jackass. Accelerating to not let them pass you on the right is the reason you need to be shot.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if I see in my rear view that the car speeding up is sharply cutting off cars and not using his blinkers at all, I will try to box that guy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[but when someone does this to me, I slow the [censored] down just to piss them off. Keep your distance and I have no problems getting over to let you pass. Ride my ass and I'm not going anywhere. Unless of course you try to pass me to the right, then I downshift and hit the gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this kind of behavior; you've decided someone else's way of driving is incorrect and that it pisses you off, so you drive in a way that is incorrect and pisses people off. This probably causes more severe accidents than lane changes without signals.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:20 PM

i drive like 3-4 hours a day on the GSP. i flip out all the time.
1. if theres 4 lanes of stopped traffic, there is no magical fast lane. you dont need to switch lanes every ten feet. the other people arent sitting there because theyre stupid (most of them are stupid, but thats not why theyre sitting in traffic), you arent discovering some secret trick that nobody is aware of. just stay in your [censored] lane.
2. when the road is jammed up and stopped, that doesnt give you the right to ride on the shoulder. i wish there would be no repercussions for ramming my car into you or running you into the woods.
3. when theres a long line for an exit and you have to get off, get in line like everybody else. dont ride in the middle lane until the last second and try to cut in. you are the reason the traffic grinds to a halt at most of the friggin exits, youre the jerkoff who is stopped in a through lane waiting for a spot to sneak in to the exit lane. you should be shot.
4. if theres a cop on the side of the road and has somebody pulled over, you dont need to slow down. hes not going to jump in his car and chase you down. hes busy, keep driving.
5. tow trucks have been around for years, theres nothing really new about them. if you are truly facinated by tow trucks, go to a auto garage and stare at them all day. dont slow down to 30mph to get a good look at them on the parkway.
6. you dont need to stop and look at an accident on the side of the road, just friggin drive.
7. you really really really dont need to slow down and look at traffic accidents ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PARKWAY. I DONT NEED TO SIT IN AN EXTRA HOUR OF TRAFFIC GOING NORTH WHEN THERE IS AN ACCIDENT SOUTHBOUND.
8. when the parkway goes from 2 lanes into 3, this is not a reason for traffic to become more congested. keep moving, you dont need to slow down. theres nothing to be scared of.
9. dont ride on my fing bumper and dont flash me your precious highbeams. if im in your way, its because i cant get out of your way. i know your there, i have mirrors.
10. if you do feel the need to flash your high beams/ride my ass and im doing 75, when i am able to get out of your way, please go faster than 76 as you pass me.
11. no matter how fast you are going or how fast you think is appropriate, if youre not passing anybody, move out of the left lane you retart.
12. the world is not your ashtray, youre cigarette butts dont go out the window. and youre not really fooling anybody when you dry to drop them low so nobody sees. and youre not fooling anybody when you hang on to them for a second or two and then let it go as if you dropped it by mistake.
13. if im in the toll plaza and i take more than 5 seconds, theres a reason. im not sitting there for fun, i dont need to hear your horn. your horn makes my foot slam on my brakes and you might have to sit there for 30 seconds or more.
14. if cant open your car door in a parking lot and have the common courtesy to not hit my car, please kill yourself.
15. rain does not equal ice. you do not have to drive 45mph just because theres a little rain coming down.
16. please try to figure out how to shut off your fing highbeams? why are you driving all night with your highbeams on?
17. if there 5 cars in one line of the toll plaza, and 4 in the other, you dont need to switch lanes.
18. when the red light is on at the toll plaza, that lane is closed.
19. dont flash me your lights to tell me theres a cop nearby, especially if there isnt one.
20. mind your own business. you dont need to blow your horn at me and make gestures just because im driving and reading a book. i saw you on your cell phone, go f yourself.
thats all i can think of for now.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who turn driving into a testosterone-fueled dick-waving contest are probably the main reason driving sucks so much. Them and the elderly.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who turn driving into a testosterone-fueled dick-waving contest are probably the main reason driving sucks so much. Them and the elderly. And women.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 02-27-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. if theres a cop on the side of the road and has somebody pulled over, you dont need to slow down. hes not going to jump in his car and chase you down. hes busy, keep driving.
12. the world is not your ashtray, youre cigarette butts dont go out the window. and your not really fooling anybody when you dry to drop them low so nobody sees. and your not fooling anybody when you hang on to them for a second or two and then let it go as if you dropped it by mistake.
15. rain does not equal ice. you do not have to drive 45mph just because theres a little rain coming down.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce : Love the software, but I am sad to say that it never should have been created -- you should have taken a bullet to the head years ago if this is truly how you drive.

OP : Left lane of a 4 lane hwy in an urban/suburban area is go fast lane. Its not just for passing. left lane of a rural 2 lane hwy IS for passing. Your general point is correct though ... if you're in the left lane and there is someone behind you, move over and let them by dammit!

Cali Drivers are teh suck!
~FishNChips
Old 02-27-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12. the world is not your ashtray, youre cigarette butts dont go out the window. and your not really fooling anybody when you dry to drop them low so nobody sees. and your not fooling anybody when you hang on to them for a second or two and then let it go as if you dropped it by mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce : Love the software, but I am sad to say that it never should have been created -- you should have taken a bullet to the head years ago if this is truly how you drive.

OP : Left lane of a 4 lane hwy in an urban/suburban area is go fast lane. Its not just for passing. left lane of a rural 2 lane hwy IS for passing. Your general point is correct though ... if you're in the left lane and there is someone behind you, move over and let them by dammit!

Cali Drivers are teh suck!
~FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't happen very often. Like I said, I'm usually driving faster than everyone else. Sometimes I get stuck behind some bozo going slow and some jackass in an overpriced car comes flying up behind me. I will slow down in this case. Not slower than the traffic to the right, but enough to say "get off my ass" to the idiot behind me.

Most of the time, once the guy going slower than me gets over, I get going and the jackass doesn't keep up, but every once in a while there'll be a guy who cuts off the guy I just passed and tries to race around me. I generally speed up a bit in this case, but I watch blindspots and will back off if he proves to be a geniune idiot.

I'm generally a safe driver, but this is something that pisses me off.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't happen very often. Like I said, I'm usually driving faster than everyone else. Sometimes I get stuck behind some bozo going slow and some jackass in an overpriced car comes flying up behind me. I will slow down in this case. Not slower than the traffic to the right, but enough to say "get off my ass" to the idiot behind me.

Most of the time, once the guy going slower than me gets over, I get going and the jackass doesn't keep up, but every once in a while there'll be a guy who cuts off the guy I just passed and tries to race around me. I generally speed up a bit in this case, but I watch blindspots and will back off if he proves to be a geniune idiot.

I'm generally a safe driver, but this is something that pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I am a great driver - I don't tailgate, I signal appropriately, I get out into the intersection far enough for another car to legally enter the queue - but if someone decides to tailgate, they're gonna pay. Mind you, I'm probably doing at least ten over if I'm in that lane at all, and am conscious of traffic behind me. If I see someone roaring up on me, I make a point to get over. But if someone decides to straddle my bumper, they will not get their desired result. Plain and simple.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And women.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is correct. Most women drivers SUCK, let's call a spade a spade. With 3B of them though, of course you're going to have exceptions.

Could you imagine an asian chick driving in the rain while talking on a cell phone? I'd sooner drive my ride into a ditch than deal with that scenario.