Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 02:16 PM

Default If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant]

GET THE HELL OUT! The left lane is not a "fast lane" it is a freaking passing lane. Pass and get the f... over to the right. Don't drive in the left lane unless you are passing or are a retarded monkey that doesn't know how to turn his or her steering wheel to the right.

Nothing annoys me more than seeing a four lane highway with no one behind or in front of me except 4 cars driving next to each other as if they were holding hands.

And if you are behind a truck or another slow-moving car, don't wait until you are just about to be passed to switch lanes and overtake, especially if you don't know where your gas pedal is (it's the one on the right).
[/rant]
Old 02-27-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant]

my take on this is that if you are in the left lane, you should be riding the bumper of the car in front of you until he changes lanes.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my take on this is that if you are in the left lane, you should be riding the bumper of the car in front of you until he changes lanes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually drive faster than most of the drivers on the road, but when someone does this to me, I slow the [censored] down just to piss them off. Keep your distance and I have no problems getting over to let you pass. Ride my ass and I'm not going anywhere. Unless of course you try to pass me to the right, then I downshift and hit the gas.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually drive faster than most of the drivers on the road, but when someone does this to me, I slow the [censored] down just to piss them off. Keep your distance and I have no problems getting over to let you pass. Ride my ass and I'm not going anywhere. Unless of course you try to pass me to the right, then I downshift and hit the gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, deserve to be shot. I agree with tailgating being terrible (probably the cause of most accidents), but if someone gets the chance to tailgate you that means that you already failed to shift over a lane, making you the jackass. Accelerating to not let them pass you on the right is the reason you need to be shot.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Accelerating to not let them pass you on the right is the reason you need to be shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Don't pass on the [censored] right! I hate you.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Accelerating to not let them pass you on the right is the reason you need to be shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Don't pass on the [censored] right! I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Getthefuckouttathewaythen.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, deserve to be shot. I agree with tailgating being terrible (probably the cause of most accidents), but if someone gets the chance to tailgate you that means that you already failed to shift over a lane, making you the jackass. Accelerating to not let them pass you on the right is the reason you need to be shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

F- that - I'm with PokerAce on this one.
It depends on how open the road is I guess. If there is all open road then yes - you are a deuchebag if you speed up when somebody tries to pass on the right.
But when some spaztic assclown has to pass 1 car just so he can cut in front of the very car he's passing and then jam on the brakes and go nowhere in a traffic jam - you bet your ass I'm going to speed up and not let them cut me off.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if I see in my rear view that the car speeding up is sharply cutting off cars and not using his blinkers at all, I will try to box that guy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[but when someone does this to me, I slow the [censored] down just to piss them off. Keep your distance and I have no problems getting over to let you pass. Ride my ass and I'm not going anywhere. Unless of course you try to pass me to the right, then I downshift and hit the gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this kind of behavior; you've decided someone else's way of driving is incorrect and that it pisses you off, so you drive in a way that is incorrect and pisses people off. This probably causes more severe accidents than lane changes without signals.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who turn driving into a testosterone-fueled dick-waving contest are probably the main reason driving sucks so much. Them and the elderly.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who turn driving into a testosterone-fueled dick-waving contest are probably the main reason driving sucks so much. Them and the elderly. And women.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP