Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 11-20-2007, 07:50 PM

Default The Revolution - Game Thread

September 23, 2012

<font color="blue">This is CNN Headline News</font>

<font color="blue">Good evening. Breaking news tonight - the president has called an emergency press conference and is approaching the podium right this minute. We take you live to the White House</font>

<font color="green">President Mitchell: "My fellow Americans. Earlier today our terrorism response unit uncovered an elaborate plan to set off a series of "dirty bombs" in several major American cities. Thanks to the coordinated efforts of federal, state, and local authorities we were able to find and diffuse bombs in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Houston. Due to their bravery, intelligence, and quick response millions of American lives were saved.

Never before has such a thorough, well coordinated, and deadly attack been attempted against our nation. While we do not have all the details we have reason to believe that these attacks were not planned, funded, and executed by individuals but rather a large, powerful group with great influence both here in America and abroad. We also have evidence that this was merely the first of a series of attacks that are planned. We are safe now, but we must be more vigilant than ever before to ensure our continued safety in the face of this grave threat.

Although we have thwarted these attempted acts of terrorism it is now clear that our country faces a more serious threat than any we have faced over our long history. We face a war on our own soil whose stakes are no less than the life of every man, woman, and child in our great nation. To respond to this threat we must be more capable, more vigilant, and more united than we have ever been before.

After consultation with the Vice President, the Secretary of Defense, and numerous members of both Houses of Congress I have decided that the only way to properly respond to this threat is to suspend the Constitution and declare our nation under martial law. Starting at 9:00 PM this evening there will be a national curfew. All prices for goods are services will be frozen immediately to prevent profiteering and price gouging. All elections will be postponed indefinitely to ensure continuity. Army and National Guard commanders are already in contact with State and Local law enforcement agencies so that they can coordinate their efforts and stop any future threats to the safety and security of our cities.

The details of this declaration have been provided to every major news outlet with instructions to supply those details as widely and as quickly as possible. I ask that all of you stay tuned in for a few minutes after I'm done speaking here to see those details. I know that this is a dangerous time and a scary time, but together we can make it through. Goodnight, and God Bless America."</font>

*Click*
*RING*

"Hello"

"Did you just see that? Did you hear what he just said?"

"Yeah, I heard it, I can't believe that Bastard actually did it"

"I've been telling you this was coming, ever since he took office he's been waiting for his excuse, and now he has it. I know we said we were putting it on the backburner but it can't wait any longer! We've talked and talked and now it's time to act!"

"......sigh.....I was dreading this but I think you're right - we'll talk more tomorrow"

IT IS NIGHT
Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

MOD NOTE

Role PM's are going out now. If you do not understand your role fully yet that is to be expected. There will be more pregame writeup. For now focus on questions that relate to the mechanics of your role not your alignment/goals/etc
Old 11-21-2007, 01:23 PM

All role PM's have been sent. If you didn't get one please PM me ASAP
Old 11-21-2007, 04:00 PM

October 19, 2012

Jon Bailey received a bit of a surpise when he checked his email - a message saying simply "turn on the news"

<font color="blue">This is CNN Headline News</font>

<font color="blue">Good evening. Breaking news this hour comes to us from just outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma where a plane that was carrying Secretary of State Jacob Billington appears to have been shot down. We go live to reporter Seth Watkins.</font>

<font color="green">Thanks Jim. Secretary Billington was on his way back to Washington after attending a charity fundraiser in Los Angeles when his plane exploded in midair. Eyewitnesses claim to have seen a missile-like object hit the plane moments before the explosion. FAA crews are investigating but from the look of things there is not very much left of this small private jet and there were clearly no survivors. Secretary Billington was......</font>

*Click*

Bailey rubbed his eyes then quickly dialed Bill Franklin

"Hello"

"Bill, it's Jon, did you see what happened to Billington today? That wasn't you was it?"

"No it wasn't, none of my men have that kind of weaponry and I wouldn't change the plans without talking to you anyways."

"I didn't think so, is this going to jeopardize what you've got in place?"

"It shouldn't, they may tighten things up a bit but I'm confident we can still pull it off. What I'd really like to know is who did that and why. If someone else gets involved this could get messy. The public isn't going to buy it if we aren't careful."

"Let me worry about the big picture stuff - you just make sure your plans are set and foolproof"

"I got it"

<font color="red">At the White House, President Mitchell was meeting with NSA director Benjamin Michaels about security plans.

Michaels: "I assure you we're doing everything we can to ensure your safety and that of Vice President Wilson. No single person knows the whole plan, not even me, and the people who are involved are my most trusted agents. You are absolutely safe."

Mitchell: "I don't feel safe - did you see what happened to Billington today! This wasn't an accident Ben, he was headed to Iran tomorrow and had a good chance of finalizing a treaty to end the war - did you know that! Apparently somebody did. I want to know who they are and how they found out NOW!"

Michaels: "Were already working on it sir, I will inform you personally as soon as we have any answers"</font>

IT IS STILL NIGHT
Old 11-26-2007, 10:29 AM

**************STILL NIGHT********************

bump

**************STILL NIGHT********************
Old 11-26-2007, 10:29 AM

MOD NOTE

The game is starting today - it would have started already if not for the issues with 2+2 this morning. As it stands I hope to have the game started by 11 AM. Thank you all for your patience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 10:43 AM

Rules, Regulations, and other fun minutiae

1. Day will begin every day around 8 AM when I annouce day - don't worry if it's a little later than that. Night is every night at 9 PM - votes timestamped 9:00 PM and earlier are good. There is no majority lynch. There is no posting at all during night. All night actions are due to me by 7 AM unless I specify otherwise to you.

2. The revolution is "the village" and the government is "the wolves". If you have any questions about which side you are on or what you are trying to accomplish after I say it is day please let me know.

3. Votes must be in bold for them to count.

4. There is to be no quoting of PMs, no communication outside of thread at any time unless specifically allowed by your role, and no angleshooting of any kind.

5. Do not upset me by derailing the game or turning it into a flame war. It takes a lot to upset me but please try to keep things somewhat civil and decent.

6. Roles will be revealed on death but how much information you get is solely at my discretion.

7. Have fun - this is an order

IT IS STILL NIGHT
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM

November 5, 2012 - 11:35 PM

Jon Bailey smiled when he read the email he just received from Bill Franklin

"Phase 1 is complete, I've received word from every team that their missions were successful. You can send the message"

He responded simply "Good job, and good luck" before beginning another email, this one intended for a much larger audience.

November 5, 2012 - 11:47 PM

<font color="green">At the NSA headquarters Director Michaels was finalizing the new presidential security plans when he was interrupted by his secretary.

"Director - Agent Harris is on the phone - he says it's urgent"

"Put him through"

"Harris?"

"Sir, Secretary Jamison has been shot and killed, and Secretary Johnson appears to have been strangled to death. We haven't heard anything else yet - wait - I just got word that Secretary Elston appears to have been shot as well."

"Send agents to check on everybody immediately"

"Yes sir"

Director Michaels shivered - there was no way anybody could have enough information to coordinate killing multiple cabinet secretaries at one time without having access to information that nobody should have access to. He called to his secretary.

"Katherine - I need you to send two messages for me. First, wake up Agents Cooper and Nash and tell them that we may have a computer security breach and that they need to close down ALL restricted high level access to our systems immediately. Anyone with level 4 or higher access needs to be cleared with me. Second, inform the President and Vice President that we are implementing Plan 27 immediately - wake them up if you have to. I'm going to the White House." </font>

IT IS STILL NIGHT
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM

FINAL MOD NOTE

To prevent people using wording to clear themselves villagers received the following PM

"You are a revolution soldier (villager). Your goal is to overthrow the government - good luck!"
Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 AM

November 6, 2012 - 12:24 AM

<font color="blue">When Director Michaels walked into the Oval Office, the President was nearly in a panic.

"My entire cabinet is dead, Ben, all of them. How did this happen?"

"Mr President, I think you should read this, but quickly, we need to get you somewhere secure. This was emailed to all the major news outlets about 10 minutes ago"

"The Oval Office isn't considered secure anymore?"

"No sir, not today"

The president sat down to read the report</font>

<font color="red">"In 1776 Thomas Jefferson wrote ""The oppressed should rebel, and they will continue to rebel and raise disturbance until their civil rights are fully restored to them and all partial distinctions, exclusions and incapacitations are removed." For the past four years President Jason Mitchell and his administration have slowly but steadily taken away the rights and freedoms of the American people. Today we are a nation that differs from a military dictatorship in name only. Two months ago President Mitchell stole from us the means to peacefully change our government. Since peaceful means are no longer allowed we as citizens have not only the right but the responsibility to protect our freedom and liberty using any means necessary. By the time you read this message you will have started receiving reports that the Cabinet Secretaries of the United States are dead. These reports are all true. Today, on what would have been Election Day, we have decided that the only remaining course of action is rebellion against the unjust, unlawful, corrupt government that is willing to take away everything that makes America great to preserve their own power. No matter what is reported we are not terrorists, and these killings are not merely assassinations. We are Americans, we are Patriots, and this is a Revolution."</font>

IT IS DAY