Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Stars 1/2 - Are my stats terrible?

Thanks a lot! There's like max 15 tables of 1/2, but depending on when i play there aren't a ton where i can play a lot of hands in e/mid pos.

I miss paradise too. I used to play NL where u could open push for 100 bb with AA, or check raise 100 bb with any set and expected to get called at least 50% of the time.

Also i think my AF may be skewed because my PT is not showing PF AF. Is there something i need to do to turn this on? I'm assuming that is messing up my stats.

Also any chance u can give me your early pos %'s? If not it's cool.

Btw i really appreciate the help!
Old 11-22-2007, 03:03 AM

I'm out for the night unfortunately [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thanks for the help. If you have any other advice, pls post it! L8r!
Old 11-22-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are u suggesting i should open limp small pp's or Ax in early position? I used to limp KJs and KTs until i realized that KJs and KTs were costing me more money than any other hand. I think open limping those are really weak plays.

I also was raising AJ and ATs utg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes it's not the preflop that is costing you money. It could be postflop play with these hands that are costing you money. and KJs is a money maker.

Anyway, I reckon that while it might be ok for your sample size to look at the overall stats, but it might not be too accurate to judge for individual hands, as the sample for each hand would be too little. I was making a deficit with KKs when I had about 5000+ hands.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars 1/2 as it says in the title.

Yeah, i basically c bet every time i raise. Maybe i shouldn't be doing that, but what do i do with overcards if i'm not c-betting? Should i be check/folding or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

no!! as the preflop aggressor you want to bet around 67% or higher on the flop whether or not you hit. check the stats for yourself on pokertracker of how much money you are making when you 1.)voluntary put money in 2.) preflop raise or reraise and 3.) your action on the flop was a bet.
there's alot of money in c-betting.

you seem a little tight preflop. the only stat that sticks out to me is your attempt to steal blinds. i think 40 percent is optimal in this spot. im currently at around 45% attempt to steal percentage and its a nice chunk of my profits.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:31 AM

I'm surprised that the attempt to steal blinds percentage is so low if you steal with the hands that you described earlier in the post. I would expect it to be nearer forty percent.
What is your win/loss ratio like when you steal with marginal hands? Is it not the case that stealing with weak hands at low stakes is less profitable because - a. you are more likely to get called and b. the rake is proportionately higher than at higher stakes.
I think that you might be calling too many raises from the small blind.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:05 AM

1. VPIP should be a bit higher
2. VPIP from SB could be a tad higher, too
3. Folded SB to steal looks a bit low to me. Defend less in SB.
4. Wowee, flop AF is high. Sometimes it's correct to call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 07:05 AM

I know this isn't the greatest place to ask, but how do i sort stats to find only the hands i raised pf etc? I tried but i can't seem to figure it out. Oh well.

Also my big problem is so many pots are raised that yes, KJs is a money maker, but lets say i limp/call a raise, if the flop is K high i will probably either win 1 small bet or lose several big bets, which is terrible.

I still don't know how to get around that. I will keep workign on it though. Thanks!
Old 11-22-2007, 07:10 AM

J, have u got pokertracker?
Old 11-22-2007, 07:34 AM

I also have problem with finding about 2% VPIP after 20k hands. I think Im to tigh becouse my is VPIP 16.14.
I dont think I lose my VPIP at stealing/iso/re-stealing situation becouse I iso lipers with wide range and re-steal agrressive players with decend hands. I have attend to steal about 38% so I miss my VPIP not at those situation.

I dont open limp at EP with hands like 22-77, A2-A7 and limp EP JTs, QTs, KTs only with quite loose not so aggressive table (open raise at MP1 with them).

Overall I dont know how can I increace my VPIP at about 2% [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Possibly I overlimp to less at late possition with marginal hands like J9o, K6s, T8s, 76s after one loose passive player lipm (possibly dont use enought my late possition at PF)?
Old 11-22-2007, 07:36 AM

Based on your responses I would say your stats aren't the problem although as others have stated, they are way too tight.

It doesn't appear to me that you understand why you are playing and why the others at the table are playing.

"After 14k hands I should be positive." Why should that be the case? If you don't understand why you play certain hands and why others play their hands then you need to do a lot more reading and playing those cards you are afraid of.

It feels to me that you are playing the wrong level.

My suggestion is move down to .25/.50 or .5/.10 and start playing poker and stop asking for donations. Play 30% of your hands (which is easily winnable at these levels) and begin to understand why people play.