Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: ESPN\'s new show E:60 (2 thumbs down!)

i dvr'd it only to watch the jason ray piece (unc mascot) and the piece has since played on sportscenter so i've caught it 3 times and every time i've gotten the chills and shed a tear. im a unc fan so that helps but i feel the need to at least give the show a little love. i can't comment on the rest of it, but the one piece i saw was totally worth it.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Remember the Arkansas/Alabama game a few weeks back where they kept having some US Women's Soccer player randomly appear ont he phone talking up the Women's world cup? Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, but... she was FROM ALABAMA!!! it doesn't get any more relevant than that!

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't even find out until they got her on the air that she wasn't a Bama fan. Patrick asked her something about Bama and if she was excited about the game or something and she goes "yeah, I always pull for them unless they are playing Georgia or Auburn." LOL. Nice research guys.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brutal show. How staged were the "behind the scenes" stuff in B&W? ESPN needs to realize that people don't give a [censored] about Jeremy Schaap talking to a producer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems several people in this forum cared enough to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching a show the first time it is on has 0 correlation to it being good or not.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:59 PM

This show needs more naked Rachel Nichols
Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SEE HERE ESPN. HIRE THIS MAN.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
demoted Ron Franklin for schooling that stupid bitch Holly Rowe when she made some retarded [censored] comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

what????? when was this?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In fairness, this could be said about any show. In fact it could be said about anything.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brutal show. How staged were the "behind the scenes" stuff in B&W? ESPN needs to realize that people don't give a [censored] about Jeremy Schaap talking to a producer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems several people in this forum cared enough to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching a show the first time it is on has 0 correlation to it being good or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice my comment wasn't about the show being "good" or not. A poster said nobody gives a [censored] about Jeremy Schaap talking to a producer, but people tuned in to watch it. If you didn't know that E:60 was going to involve Jeremy Schaap talking to a producer (and lots of similar stupid [censored]), you've been living under a rock.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
demoted Ron Franklin for schooling that stupid bitch Holly Rowe when she made some retarded [censored] comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

what????? when was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

2005. Holly Rowe made some comment about a team "giving up" because they weren't using their timeouts, even though they were down by like 50 points with two minutes left. Ron said "It's not 'giving up' when it's 200-0, sweetheart." There may have been some subtle scoffing. Next year, Ron was dumped to ESPN2.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what????? when was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

2005. Holly Rowe made some comment about a team "giving up" because they weren't using their timeouts, even though they were down by like 50 points with two minutes left. Ron said "It's not 'giving up' when it's 200-0, sweetheart." There may have been some subtle scoffing. Next year, Ron was dumped to ESPN2.

[/ QUOTE ]

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Franklin

"On October 1, 2005, according to the Chicago Tribune, during a game between Notre Dame and Purdue that Franklin was calling, sideline reporter Holly Rowe lauded Purdue defensive coordinator Brock Spack for using all three timeouts on defense despite trailing by four touchdowns late in the game. "If the coaches are giving up," Rowe added, "what does that say to the players?" Franklin responded: "Holly, it's not giving up. It's 49-21, sweetheart."

In response to that, Mo Davenport, senior coordinating producer for college football said, "It was an inappropriate comment, and we've communicated that to Ron. There's never a reason to say something so mean-spirited. Ron apologized. We dealt with it internally.""