Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Phil on Poker After Dark...

Week 6 I guess, episode 3 from wednesday. What the hell is wrong with Phil? He goes balistic when there table talk when he has an easy fold. Ive seen him on this same exact show in previous weeks talking up a storm when others have a decision to make.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Phil on Poker After Dark...

Something must have been in Phil's back pocket from something that we didn't see that episode. Becasue that isn't the first time or last time conversation will happen around a player while making a decision. I understand where he is coming from, but it was like, everyone knew he most likely would fold so they weren't concerned about giving him peace and quiet. I'm not saying that is right, but it happens quite often and wasn't sure why that specific time he just lost his mind. There is probably more to that, then we saw on the tv viewing. Annie Duke I feel from that one Tournament of Champions just really gets under Phil's skin if she is taking down pots and he isn't.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is wrong with Phil?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a guy holding a camera that says NBC in front of him

G
Old 02-08-2007, 03:10 PM

i have a reason why, perhaps its cuz phil lets people push him around these days unlike in the past. He gets ran over by everyone now just bluffing him off pots, phil helmuth=crappy player who doesnt win in games nemore.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:10 PM

phil ivey tells him to come play at the bellagio when helmuth gets knocked out and tells him he will trap him soon. Hellmuth is a joke.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Yeah he was completely out of line last night. The announcer said something to the effect of it boiling over from an earlier incident.

These days Phil seems to be a bigger donk than most online players.

Edit: Just a clarification I am not calling online players donks. Just saying there are a lot of them out there. On occasion myself included.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:04 PM

I sooo agree. Noone was even being mean spirited and he blew up.

Im really getting sick of his antics too. He is not entertaining to watch, so I don't understand why he keeps doing it. I know supposedly its good for his image to blow up, but it has to stop at some point or most people I think will get sick of it.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:46 AM

His whole act is unbearable. I never cared for Hellmuth, but I didn't mind watching him, because I enjoyed seeing him get beat. Now I wish he'd just stfu. His game is very poor, and his play is weak by top proffessional standards. His commentary is meaningless, and extremely annoying. He must feel that he needs to keep yapping about how great he is to counter balance the fact that in reality everyone else at the table is outplaying him, and making him look foolish.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:27 PM

He even thought he was a douche...from his blog:

[ QUOTE ]
At the time I felt like my tantrum was, at least in part, justified. Upon further review (when I saw the show), I saw a lot of innocent stuff going on. First Zolotow asked the players at the table to let me think, well before things went sideways. Duke, who was involved in the hand, never said a single word. Seed and Hansen were laughing and joking in a totally innocent matter, not fully realizing that I was in fact looking for complete silence. And even Sheikhan was as innocent as he is capable of being in that situation (although he did eventually open his mouth). It seems that I was the one who crossed the line here, and I apologize to everyone involved; and to all of the television viewers--for my conduct.{/quote]
Old 02-09-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He even thought he was a douche...from his blog:

[ QUOTE ]
At the time I felt like my tantrum was, at least in part, justified. Upon further review (when I saw the show), I saw a lot of innocent stuff going on. First Zolotow asked the players at the table to let me think, well before things went sideways. Duke, who was involved in the hand, never said a single word. Seed and Hansen were laughing and joking in a totally innocent matter, not fully realizing that I was in fact looking for complete silence. And even Sheikhan was as innocent as he is capable of being in that situation (although he did eventually open his mouth). It seems that I was the one who crossed the line here, and I apologize to everyone involved; and to all of the television viewers--for my conduct.{/quote]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a sign of the apocalypse.