Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Douche Bank Championship

...just to pat myself a little on the back...

[ QUOTE ]
What I'm considering more is that we may not have seen his best game yet. I think we are on the front end of a run that will better 99-00.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not done yet...

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2006, 06:02 PM

I remember when he first turned pro, Tom Watson said that Tiger Woods was the greatest prospect in sixty years, meaning since Sam Snead. Jack Nicklaus said after Tiger's first masters victory that he would win more Masters Championships than he and Arnie combined.

Hard to believe, but Tiger has exceeded their expectations.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who the [censored] is bryon nelson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some old guy that won a bunch of tournaments against a very weaker field on the tail end of the war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you mean Byron Nelson....
Old 09-04-2006, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Deutsche Bank Championship

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you guys think this final round ranks among his career performances? This is possibly the best comeback of his career.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this performancec is up their. He not only made a final round comeback from 3 strokes back, but he did it against VJ. VJ is the only player in the Tiger era who has dominated golf for stretches at a time.

I think Tiger made it official today that not even VJ is close to his level of play. He flat out dominated VJ at VJ's best.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5 wins in a row is so sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only the second longest streak of his career!

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this is a much more impressive streak. 5 wins in about 7-8 weeks, inc 3 in a row and two majors. Totally dominant in each one.

The six in a row was broke up over two seasons, and he lost the final of the Match Play to Clarke in the middle of it. IIRC, TW himself said he thought the streak ended there.

But, both streaks very impressive, of course, and VJ has to feel totally castrated right now. Very, very, sweet win for Tiger.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:53 PM

This streak is really amazing. The 2 majors as you mention and 3 weeks in a row, with 2 after a major. How many guys can come close to winning the week after a win in any tournament, let alone a major. And then let's add the Lehman trip to the K Club, a course Tiger knows already and that probably takes 12 minutes to figure out. So he takes a little jaunt overseas during the week. I don't care how nice the charter was, that takes something out of you. Tiger is just amazing.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:58 PM

I'm feeling lazy, so can anyone tell me his Ryder Cup record? If I remember, it's not terribly impressive.

And who would you pair him with? The way he is hitting it, I would put him with the straightest driver on the team(Verplank or Furyk) and win in 9 holes.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:48 PM

Psycho,

I can't imagine pairing him with anyone not named "Jim Furyk". The way it was written up you would have thought that they found the cure for cancer last year putting those two together, but in hindsight it should be obvious: Furyk is a low-spotlight grinder who is extremely competitive. Right up Tiger's alley. The only wildcard in the whole deal is that Fluff is now Furyk's caddy, but I'm sure he and Tiger are at the very least cordial.