Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Deutsche Bank Championship

Like I said, I never mentioned anything about the book other than the title seemed a bit odd.

And sorry I don't fact check and proofread every friggin post I make on an internet message board. So it was just some troll and By Tor fighting over Wie, heck there were only 4 of us talking about it. Sorry I was being lazy on an internet message board. Often I don't even read who the poster was so if I make a mistake like that it's just laziness and not a disregard for facts as you, BSF, and BT would like to think.

And my comment wasn't about "hating" Michelle Wie. It was more a response to the insane media attention, including this book, that she gets. So many people handing her accomplishments she hasn't yet earned.

I don't have a problem cheering for Michelle Wie or appreciating the things she does for golf. My problem lies in the hypocrisy of Michelle Wie fans. They clamor on and on about all she's accomplished and fail to recognize any other female golfers who are doing things just as impressive or more impressive. Once again, it's about the "hot" item in the media and that filters down to idiotic homeristic fans on message boards who can't handle anything remotely negative about someone they "love" so much.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem cheering for Michelle Wie or appreciating the things she does for golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you name her as a someone you love to hate in another thread? (You see how it gets tough to follow you?)

[ QUOTE ]
My problem lies in the hypocrisy of Michelle Wie fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it always come down to the other guy is a hypocrite or there's the principle of the thing.

[ QUOTE ]
They clamor on and on about all she's accomplished and fail to recognize any other female golfers who are doing things just as impressive or more impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've deduced what people fail to talk about on the internets and thereby (in your mind) must fail to find impressive? It must be hard to even talk about sports at all what with so many other pressing issues in the world?

[ QUOTE ]
It was more a response to the insane media attention, including this book, that she gets. So many people handing her accomplishments she hasn't yet earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

This book is indeed insane media attention. An unauthorized biography is an accomplishment? Something one/she earns?
Old 09-02-2006, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Douche Bank Championship

Wow, Tiger sucks again [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] +2 through 12.

Tiger Slump again!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem cheering for Michelle Wie or appreciating the things she does for golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you name her as a someone you love to hate in another thread? (You see how it gets tough to follow you?)

[ QUOTE ]
My problem lies in the hypocrisy of Michelle Wie fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it always come down to the other guy is a hypocrite or there's the principle of the thing.

[ QUOTE ]
They clamor on and on about all she's accomplished and fail to recognize any other female golfers who are doing things just as impressive or more impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've deduced what people fail to talk about on the internets and thereby (in your mind) must fail to find impressive? It must be hard to even talk about sports at all what with so many other pressing issues in the world?

[ QUOTE ]
It was more a response to the insane media attention, including this book, that she gets. So many people handing her accomplishments she hasn't yet earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

This book is indeed insane media attention. An unauthorized biography is an accomplishment? Something one/she earns?

[/ QUOTE ]

Loving to hate Wie has more to do with knowing the homeristic [censored] with an unnatural love will be disappointed the next day. There's no real hate there for Michelle Wie.

And, I can't love to hate her and at the same time realize what she does is impressive to certain extents? I can't appreciate the great things she might do? I may not find every single thing she does as great as BSF thinks, but I don't see where loving to hate someone like Michelle Wie or say Barry Bonds prevents me from appreciating the fact that she played a perfect round of golf her he managed to obliterate a record. I don't see those things as being exclusive.

Michelle Wie is the only female golfer ever talked about on this sports board. Even when you mention other female golfers and their accomplishments the two big Wiesy fans pretty much disagree and just try and find a way to make Wie stand out.

The book isn't hte accomplishment. The fact that the biographer called it "The Making of a Champion" is handing Michelle Wie a slew of victories and a lot of success she hasn't earned...
Old 09-02-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, I can't love to hate her and at the same time realize what she does is impressive to certain extents? I can't appreciate the great things she might do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does one cheer for those one loves to hate. Of course one can appreciate achievement and enjoy when the same person fails. Again, it feels like you shift the goalposts and refute an argument I didn't make.

[ QUOTE ]
Michelle Wie is the only female golfer ever talked about on this sports board. Even when you mention other female golfers and their accomplishments the two big Wiesy fans pretty much disagree and just try and find a way to make Wie stand out.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first sentence no one ever speaks of others. In the second sentence the reaction when others are spoken of is inadequate for you. One, if not both, of these statements is false.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that the biographer called it "The Making of a Champion" is handing Michelle Wie a slew of victories and a lot of success she hasn't earned...

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Because someone trying to cash in on her celebrity bywriting an unauthorized biography about her with the world "Champion" in it hands Wie a slew of victories and success.

Daft.

Instead of running off with what sounds like it might make an effective argument, think about it for about ten years.

It's great/fun that Wie's celebrity and her fans annoy you -- and that you may get some enjoyment from their disappointments. It's your right and I wouldn't try and talk you out of it. I get it.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:43 PM

"Wie's book..[rant]..." [snip]

I see this thread was properly titled after all.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And, I can't love to hate her and at the same time realize what she does is impressive to certain extents? I can't appreciate the great things she might do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does one cheer for those one loves to hate. Of course one can appreciate achievement and enjoy when the same person fails. Again, it feels like you shift the goalposts and refute an argument I didn't make.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first sentence no one ever speaks of others. In the second sentence the reaction when others are spoken of is inadequate for you. One, if not both, of these statements is false.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that the biographer called it "The Making of a Champion" is handing Michelle Wie a slew of victories and a lot of success she hasn't earned...

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Because someone trying to cash in on her celebrity bywriting an unauthorized biography about her with the world "Champion" in it hands Wie a slew of victories and success.

Daft.

Instead of running off with what sounds like it might make an effective argument, think about it for about ten years.

It's great/fun that Wie's celebrity and her fans annoy you -- and that you may get some enjoyment from their disappointments. It's your right and I wouldn't try and talk you out of it. I get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, this wasn't a response to an argument of any kind. I answered your question. I'm not refuting anything. You want me to explain why I named her in the other thread and I did that. So I'm not sure what you are getting at.

IF both statements about Michelle Wie are false, then why is the only continuous thread about any golfer who plays on the LPGA tour is titled Michelle Wie? Why was there ZERO mention of Lorena Ochoa's third victory a week or two ago (and 14 top 10's in 18 tournaments)? Why is Michelle Wie the center of attention of every LPGA thread? Why is an LPGA thread only started when Michelle Wie is in that particular tournament? It's Michelle-centric and trying to prove otherwise is futile.

And last, if you write a book about "Making a Champion" are you not implying this person is a champion? Doesn't the word champion imply the person has won either a large tournament or at the very least a decent tournament in the time it has taken you to formulate and write this book? So are you not telling me Michelle Wie has won by writing a book about her titled the Making of a Champion?

and if your whole goal in all of this is to prove you are better than me, you could've stopped long ago. You won that battle. You are far better at this internet thing than I am. I certainly do not care to remember every thing a poster writes and then continuously needle them about it. I come I post I leave I forget about it. Then repeat the process pretty much from anew the next day.

I'ts the internet, it means nothing, so I try not to work too hard at it, that's what my job is for...so if you are gonna track my posts and look for inconsistencies and errors you will have a field day with me because I don't always remember everything I write...
Old 09-03-2006, 05:34 PM

holy [censored]. vijay with a 61. where did that come from?
Old 09-03-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored]. vijay with a 61. where did that come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been fun to watch on TV...too bad CBS has decided to give us 3rd round coverage of a 'sport' that shouldn't even be on TV.

Can't wait to 'see' the final on tape tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:20 PM

It's on ABC fool. Hehe.