Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Senator Larry Craig

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can someone point me to a quote where he specifically bashes gays?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Craig also has opposed expanding the federal hate crimes law to cover offenses motivated by anti-gay bias"

"in 1996, voted against a bill that would have outlawed employment discrimination based on sexual orientation"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really need a quote of him calling someone a [censored] to figure out that he's anti-gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. that is not gay bashing, nor is it even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. If I had to guess between him and a random person who would be more likely to be against gays, it would definitely be a toss-up.

Personally, if I were gay, I would much rather have my Senator vote against outlawing discrimination based on my sexuality when interviewing for jobs than being called a [censored]. The latter would be gay bashing, the former wouldn't.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:44 PM

The audio really is priceless. Part of me feels bad for what he's going through but man, he deserves it.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Outing

http://www.idahostatesman.com/localn...ry/143801.html

The article is not about outing, per se. But what do we think about outing in general? I don't care what kind of hypocrite a person might be, it seems to me that if that person doesn't want his sexual orientation known, it's his choice and his alone to make. Outing is despicable.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Outing

[ QUOTE ]

The article is not about outing, per se. But what do we think about outing in general? I don't care what kind of hypocrite a person might be, it seems to me that if that person doesn't want his sexual orientation known, it's his choice and his alone to make. Outing is despicable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Outing is pretty evil. In their defense, they sat on their story for a long time and only released it when his guilty plea was made public.

What do you think about Tucker's take?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B996XPC2eD8

He claims this is a common problem!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:21 AM

Apparently he's not the only one who thinks it's a common problem, as Craig was gotten in a sting operation.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This Larry Craig guy is an active gay-basher, yet it's pretty clear that he's a closet homosexual, liar, criminal. Standard that he's a United States Senator.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently he's not the only one who thinks it's a common problem, as Craig was gotten in a sting operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

But his tale of bashing somebody's head into a stall, plus his remark about not being able to go into some bathroom at the soccer field with his son -- I mean.. I've been in a fair number of bathrooms in my life and I've never had an encounter.

I totally believe it happens -- but it must be highly dependent on certain bathrooms.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:47 AM

this is why I have always had a pooping only at home policy
Old 08-31-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Updates:

Story:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/...tml#cnnSTCText

Audio:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/...est/index.html

Republicans are racing to distance themselves from this guy as much and as quickly as possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

At the end of the day, it's irrelevant to them because the ID gov. will appoint another Republican.

if it was like Vitter in LA, and there was a chance of him being replaced with a Democratic Senator, you wouldn't have as many howls for resignation. But in this case, they can replace like for like, so he's going down -

note to self: - don't take a dump at MSP airport ever again.

------------

On a related note, I worked in Minneapolis for a dept. store in one of the Mall's around here in the 1990's - Anonymous sex in the bathroom was such a problem they ended up at one point pulling the doors off the stalls - they busted everyone in there - lawyers, priests, maybe even a politican or two.

RB
Old 08-31-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if a person starts executing gay people who fornicate just because they're gay, he shouldn't be called out on it if someone finds out that he is in fact, gay and does the same acts himself?

I have a problem with someone who tries to tell people how they should live and how one way of living is wrong, yet, he's all fine and dandy living that way himself, even if behind closed doors. Especially if it's a lawmaker or someone in a position of power.

b