Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Borgata Weekend Tournaments

I haven't been to Atlantic City in months and I know things change sometimes. I like to play at Borgata and Trop. Last time I was there at Borgata on Friday afternoon playing cash tables, their afternoon tournament was really filled up. For those of you that play in it regularly, how many people usually buy into those tournaments. And does anyone know roughly how much the payouts are close to first place. Me and my best friend were going to go up in like a month and he wanted to play in it and I had no info on it other then they have them. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Borgata Weekend Tournaments

I have a friend who is also interested in the Borgata tournaments, especially the 50K guarantee, which is at noon on Friday I believe. Does anyone know how many places are paid, blind/ante structure, that kind of info? They don't give that much on the website that I can find.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:32 AM

their website seems down right now, but the 50k is 6000 chips, blinds start at 25/50, I believe 25-30 mins per level.

Places paid is highly dependant on field size, generally Borgata tournaments are 9% payout (1 table of 9 per 100 entries).
Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 AM

Here ya go

http://www.theborgata.com/Main.cfm?Categ...7C7A45D9FA777F6

And as an FYI, this is basically their standard structure. The tournament I prefer, the Saturday 11 AM, is the same blinds/antes/level times, $300+40 buyin, and 10,000 chips.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 AM

Why do you prefer the Saturday tournament, just because there are more chips? Or is the competition generally weaker?

If anyone has more info about the number of players who usually are in the Friday and Saturday tournaments that would be great to know.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:15 AM

Well I'm gainfully employed on weekdays, so that's a huge part of it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Its a smaller field with alot of regulars, which means I have a pretty good book on at least a couple people at any given starting table. Its a typical MTT - some are good, some aren't. The deeper stack also offers a ton of play, you can play into the fourth hour without being in panic mode at breakeven chips.

Field size is roughly 130-160 people on Saturday, with the tournament ending early evening.

Field size Friday to meet the guarantee is 500 people, and they usually clear it no sweat. I haven't heard field sizes in a little while, but I think about 650-700 is reasonable.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm gainfully employed on weekdays, so that's a huge part of it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Its a smaller field with alot of regulars, which means I have a pretty good book on at least a couple people at any given starting table. Its a typical MTT - some are good, some aren't. The deeper stack also offers a ton of play, you can play into the fourth hour without being in panic mode at breakeven chips.

Field size is roughly 130-160 people on Saturday, with the tournament ending early evening.

Field size Friday to meet the guarantee is 500 people, and they usually clear it no sweat. I haven't heard field sizes in a little while, but I think about 650-700 is reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The field size to meet the Friday noon guarantee is only 200. They typically drawn 300-500. I have never seen it as high as 700...I don't think they can accomodate that many tournament tables in the poker room.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:08 AM

ARGH....must not post numbers until after second cup of coffee ....Nick's right.