Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 03:14 PM

Default flopped tp+fd facing turn check minraise

only like 50 hands with villain hes like 35/7

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($27.60)
MP ($25.35)
Hero ($27)
Button ($25)
SB ($24.65)
BB ($26.80)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero ...play fast or see what happens?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: flopped tp+fd facing turn check minraise

I call the minbet and c/c any none heart turn and river and obviously bet/raise if my flush completes..

And yes, I'am a calling station..
Old 10-10-2007, 03:23 PM

Check-minraise usually means draw or monster. Preflop juicer bet makes me think you are likely against another FD but who knows. I play him for those two possibilities (draw/monster) and call flop. On turn I call if he near-pots it and bet if he checks or bets weakly. If he bets three streets and I don't improve I fold river.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:23 PM

I play it fast while you have an advantage over most hands but sets. B/3B/Call shove would be good on this flop.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it fast while you have an advantage over most hands but sets. B/3B/Call shove would be good on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was about to...i just didnt think my edge was big enough against hands like aa to make up for the time he doest have a set...am i a nit for playing it like this?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($27.60)
MP ($25.35)
Hero ($27)
Button ($25)
SB ($24.65)
BB ($26.80)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($5.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5.35</font>, Hero calls $5.35.

River: ($16.05) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $19.75 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $-3.70
Old 10-10-2007, 03:48 PM

I still think you played it right. You had position, a great draw, reasonable disguise, and a weakly made hand...playing it fast is unnecessary and a focus on the straight draw portion of the range (6 outs) is misguided.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 PM

Raise flop to $5 or so. Call if he shoves. Even if you are behind you have a big flush draw, an overcard, and backdoor straight. You have plenty of outs, if behind.

On turn - I think calling is very bad. I think you are in a raise/fold spot on turn. This is why raising the flop is best; you avoid these situations. Calling is throwing away money, in my opinion. If you hit flush on river, he'll check and you won't get paid anyways.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise flop to $5 or so. Call if he shoves. Even if you are behind you have a big flush draw, an overcard, and backdoor straight. You have plenty of outs, if behind.

On turn - I think calling is very bad. I think you are in a raise/fold spot on turn. This is why raising the flop is best; you avoid these situations. Calling is throwing away money, in my opinion. If you hit flush on river, he'll check and you won't get paid anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok..everyone likes to be aggressive so lets turn this situation around. If you have AA (almost exactly a coinflip) against Hero in this hand and you know that your opponent has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. What is YOUR best flop result?...TO GET ALL THE MONIES IN THE MIDDLE.

Now if its the best result for AA can it be the best result for K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] too?...NO

To say villain can get away (sometimes) when the flush hits neglects the fact that WE get away with about 75% of our stack when we whiff...which, with position will be a much much better % than what villain can get away with here when we hit. Its our turn to take advantage of RIO...use it.

The only downside of this approach is a triple barrel bluff...which is rare and not part of the read given.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i mean by callign the flop i made the decision to play the hadn slow instead of fast...i was just thinking he had a set or something and was paranoid because ive been taking some beats lately and wanted to see if it was affected my game. thanks for the help guys
Old 10-10-2007, 05:11 PM

There really is no wrong way to play this hand. Just calling is fine, since you could very well have the best hand and you're way ahead of villains range.