Parker @ CHI 1 8.33%
Brown vs. DEN 1 8.33%
Taylor @ SF 5 41.67%
Green @ BUF 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but lasering balls right at outfielders for 2 games is.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL having players positioned correctly including the shift for Ortiz is a big part of the game. Like the Indians didn't hit any balls hard right at people?

[ QUOTE ]
So is getting no runs with the bases loaded

[/ QUOTE ]

Not getting a timely hit is about luck?

[ QUOTE ]
and having Wake tip a sure double play ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making a bonehead play in the field is about luck too?

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
Old 10-17-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the ball not going 3 inches to the right (where Wake couldn't get it and Pedrioa could) is luck
Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Odds of seeing the following lineup for Game 5?

Ellsbury
Youkilis
Ortiz
Ramirez
Lowell
Varitek
Pedroia
Kielty
Lugo

Pretty sure I would be unhappy with anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally i would play both Ellsbury and Kielty and hell even Cora and sit Lugos ass down but we probably wont see that. As i was bitching about sometime earlier in this thread we need Ellsbury just for a spark more then anything else but there is probably no way we see him against CC. If Ellsbury was going to play he would have played in gms. 3 or 4 . I can pretty much guarantee it will be the same lineup as game 1. Kielty in for Drew with no other changes.

As for the series so far the sox are not trailing due to bad luck, bad pitching, or any other crap people throw around. Bottom line is besides Ortiz, Manny, Lowell and Youk no one can hit. Ill give Pedroia a break as he is still a rookie and right now he is just slumping.Tek has had some bad AB's but he has chipped in with a few hits so i wont get on him too much either. Basically we are losing this series because Drew, Crisp and Lugo all are guaranteed outs. All 3 should have been benched by now. Luck would have changed and pitchers may have pitched a little different if they didnt have to pitch perfect due to the fact that that there are rally killers on this team. Bottom line is Lugo, Crisp and Drew should not be playing and as long as they are the Sox are all done and are not winning a thing.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Indians fans,

Do you have any idea how sick hot you are running in the luck department in this series?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone EVER won in the playoffs without running hot? I think we all agree that Boston would win this series like 52% of the time...but it's a seven game series, and someone is bound to run well. Why is this a surprise?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, hitting is about skill not luck. How often is it luck vs. skill? What is the Red Sox average with men in scoring position?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the ball not going 3 inches to the right (where Wake couldn't get it and Pedrioa could) is luck

[/ QUOTE ]

A non sequiter, a bonehead play is a bonehead play.

You guys are pathetic. Again

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
Old 10-17-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong, hitting is about skill not luck. How often is it luck vs. skill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately, the GM of my team (and unfortunately, the GM of our opponent) know the answer to these questions. neither of them share your viewpoint, and are on record as saying so.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians fans,

Do you have any idea how sick hot you are running in the luck department in this series?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone EVER won in the playoffs without running hot? I think we all agree that Boston would win this series like 52% of the time...but it's a seven game series, and someone is bound to run well. Why is this a surprise?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a surprise, and I'm not complaining. Cleveland has played well and deserves to be up. it's just frustrating as hell to watch [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately, the GM of my team (and unfortunately, the GM of our opponent) know the answer to these questions. neither of them share your viewpoint, and are on record as saying so.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that Ortiz and Ramirez are just lucky to have the records they have and it's not due to their skill? How ridiculous.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 PM

adios,

you're a retard dude. Jabs from Cleveland fans I can take, it's only natural. Yankees fans? I'm used to it, plus now it's kinda cute. But your posts are just tilt-inducing crap fests.

Kos,

pretty much. I mean, it wasn't all that long ago we came back from a 3-0 deficit with an injured ace against the greatest closer ever. Variance owns the postseason.

I just hope we show up in game 5. This will have been a far too boring ALCS if we just roll over and lose in another blowout. Games 1, 3, and 4 are awesome only for their respective fan bases. Game 2 was absolutely awesome for everyone.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that Ortiz and Ramirez are just lucky to have the records they have and it's not due to their skill? How ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, and I never said that.

if it was just about skill, then Manny would drive runners in 100% of the time. but guess what? sometimes he hits the ball on the nose and it goes right at someone. that's bad luck.

if you don't agree that bad luck exists and affects the outcomes of games, then good night and good luck!