Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Personality and overall attractiveness

THIS GIRL IS NOT A 6, SHE'S AT LEAST AN 8
Old 05-07-2007, 06:10 AM

I'm too lazy to add anything worthwhile, but am I the only person operating on a Yes/No or "binary" system of rating girls?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm too lazy to add anything worthwhile, but am I the only person operating on a Yes/No or "binary" system of rating girls?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only operate on a Yes system. Makes things much less complicated.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:41 AM

chesspain,

you suck. thats all.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 AM

this song is stuck in my head.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:51 AM

A large part of why she appears better is the lighting/positioning of the camera changes.

I think initially she seems about a 6-6.5, became about a 7, and then at about 3:35-3:45 went to about a 5-5.5

This may make me gay, but I think that its gotten to the point where personality is almost a necessity. If I meet a girl who I wouldn't befriend if they were unattractive, I tend to not find them attractive. This doesn't necessarily mean that I find 4's to be 8's, but I can find 8's to be 4's if they are lame.

Basically, I am overly critical, and the rating I give 70-80% of girls will decrease after I get to know them.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:48 PM

lol at diversity in the workplace! Kudos CV!
Old 05-10-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there are alot of things that can make a girl more physically attractive. Mannerisms, facial expressions, her voice, the way she carries herself. Of course none of this matters if im not attracted to the girl at least a little in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the point of the OP? Cause I agree with the above.

Little visual cues (like say the way a girl purses her lips, or tucks her hair behind her ear or something) I think are ways we anchor / process / and ultimately recognize our attraction towards someone.

It's just what happens to stick out, and could create the perception that we are more attracted to the girl than we "should be" (like with Evan and the video chick where we rate her a 6 and want to bang her like an 8).

This is why gauging a chick's level of attractiveness solely on pics is a largely flawed exercise. Lots of biochemical, sensory, and memory-based things going on imo (I wouldn't refer to this as her "personality" but that's obviously a part of it).

-Al
Old 05-10-2007, 01:00 PM

I tend to agree with Evan's OP, with the following exception (not sure if this has already been brought up, since I only scanned the thread): For a girl to become more attractive to me because of her personality, she must already be at a minimum level of physical attractiveness.

I don't rate women on any sort of scale and find the whole process to be pretty dumb, but it will help me make my point here. While a good personality could turn a 5 into a 7 (or whatever), a good personality will not turn a 3 into a 5. Below a certain level of physical attractiveness, no personality will make me attracted to that person. That won't stop me from being friends with her and enjoying her company, of course, but it will keep me from making any sort of sexual advances towards her.

-McGee
Old 05-10-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a girl to become more attractive to me because of her personality, she must already be at a minimum level of physical attractiveness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd think this is true for most of us. I believe this is true for women also.

You know Evan's use of the word "personality" in describing the video chick is pretty interesting. Obviously he knows zero about her, and is making some (possibly very accurate) assumptions about her based on the vid clip.

This would mean Evan's more attracted to what he's projecting onto her, probably somewhat based on his own personal history with women (e.g. she subconsciously reminds him of someone he's been very attracted to, stuff like that). Not a bad thing or anything, I think we all do this with women in real life anyway.

I think it underscores how much looks / behavior / personality are very intertwined in attraction, and also how it's difficult to compartmentalize these things.

-Al