Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Matusow Robusto?

since when is playing 300/600 live limit a sign that you have lots of money, thats not even that high.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:13 AM

well this is also in Australia so with exchange rate it's really a little less than 240/480 US as well

Damn exchange rate is killing me!

Granite
Old 01-12-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you really "meet" him or did he just refer to you as the "toothless freak" behind your back since he didn't really know you?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I met him, and he was friendly until I made a questionable call against him. And then he made a wager against me in another hand I was in when he wasn't at my table.

FWIW I loaned him some money recently on FTP and got it back no problem (although a day later than I expected). I don't think he connected the two (me IRL and me on FTP). And I didn't loan him the money to be a nice guy, anyways.

I've heard all these stories about him really being a nice guy at heart but IRL he was a jerk to me and an unmitigated one, so I'll have to see something otherwise before I buy it.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the 300/600 omaha game here is limit

and yeah, mike is a good player, but that said it would not surprise me at all if he had to be staked for it. money management doesn't seem like a skill of his, and having met him, i'm not sure i agree with shane that "Mike's degenerate act is mostly just that, an act."

it doesn't mean it's not a good game for him though

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really "meet" him or did he just refer to you as the "toothless freak" behind your back since he didn't really know you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe it was "toothless scum ". If i am remembering correctly. But i guess thats splitting hairs.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I met him, and he was friendly until I made a questionable call against him. And then he made a wager against me in another hand I was in when he wasn't at my table.

FWIW I loaned him some money recently on FTP and got it back no problem (although a day later than I expected). I don't think he connected the two (me IRL and me on FTP). And I didn't loan him the money to be a nice guy , anyways.

I've heard all these stories about him really being a nice guy at heart but IRL he was a jerk to me and an unmitigated one, so I'll have to see something otherwise before I buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you, then?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why did you, then?

[/ QUOTE ]

So he could play?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I loaned him some money recently on FTP and got it back no problem (although a day later than I expected). I don't think he connected the two (me IRL and me on FTP). And I didn't loan him the money to be a nice guy , anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you, then?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because we were sitting in the same game.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:22 AM

Also alot of people said 300/600 isnt big, well it doesnt get up here much unless the AM is on, So its big for us, even though once the ME is over much bigger than that will be up and running.

Dan
Old 01-13-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also alot of people said 300/600 isnt big, well it doesnt get up here much unless the AM is on, So its big for us, even though once the ME is over much bigger than that will be up and running.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

So is it a big game or not?
Old 01-13-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Because we were sitting in the same game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like pretty much anyone who's getting loaned money is the secret sign of the donkey. If there's a shark at your table who's killing you, you don't loan him so he can stay in.