Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 03:22 PM

Default 50NL Pair problems

I am having a lot of trouble playing pairs in NL. I seem to win a little and lose a lot. Here are a few examples:

50 NL WPEX (anyone know of a converter btw?)

Stack Sizes:
Villain: 49.50
Hero: 51

This hand was one of my first few, so no read unfortunately, but I had QQ when I posted my first big blind, two limpers, raised to 3, and got folds...A few hands later I am UTG and raise to 2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

CO calls, Villain (BB) calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot size is 6)

Villain checks, Hero bets the pot, CO folds, Villain check-raises to 15, Hero folds.

Later in the session. I began to feel abused, as I saw lot of these types of hands and folded to flop c/rs.

Two other hands where I faced check raises (these are to another player, but the same player in both hands). Villain here seems semi-tight preflop.

Stacks:
Villain: 50
Hero: 45

3 folds, Hero raises to 2 otb with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain (SB) calls, BB folds.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot 4.5)

Villain checks, Hero bets 3, Villain raises to 6, Hero folds.

Same villain:

Stacks:
Villain 40
Hero 45

2 folds, CO limps, Hero raises otb with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to 2.5, SB folds, Villain (BB) calls, CO folds.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot 5.75)

Villain checks, Hero bets 3.5, Villain raises to 7, Hero folds.

Thoughts?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 50NL Pair problems

anyone? anything?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Play in hand #1 is fine. Many will tell you not to c-bet boards like this but I disagree (usually). Folding to the minraise is your best play though.

In hand 2, I'm inclined to call and re-evaluate the turn. This may be a Q, but it could also easily be 2 clubs.

In hand 3, this is closer to a fold for me given the A on board.

Regardless, your play isn't terrible here. Just looks like a run of bad luck. If you had more solid reads on villain you could play these differently.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 PM

the only fold that is anywhere near a reasonable play is hand # 1
Old 01-04-2007, 07:04 PM

Hand 1 is tough with no reads, but I bet around 4 on the flop bet to get the same informaiton, the fold is ok

Hand 2 is a min bet raise which I call in position and re-evaluate on the turn.

Hand 3 could be set up by your plays on the other two. It might be worth potting right back on either 2 or 3, I would lean toward re-raise the c/r on hand 2