Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 02:16 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Core2Duo

Anyone build a system with one of these chips yet?

I would get one if I thought it could run 12 tables of Party any better. I made a post on Anandtech.com and they recommended the Conroes because my CPU is always at 80-100% with 12 (de-monstered) Party tables, PT, PA, etc.

I know the problem with Party lies in the software, but if it there was significantly less lag, I would drop the money on it for sure.

Thoughts?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Core2Duo

get a new mac desktop - pimp it with 16 gigs of ram and put windows on it. dual xeon, each with dual cores at 3ghz - i think it will run your poker software just fine.

-eric
Old 08-21-2006, 03:46 AM

Really depends on what you are using now. I am thinking your existing PC isn't all that fast if you are using 80%-100% when 12 tabling (I could be wrong). But I'd say go for it. The E6600 is actually the cheapest option performance-wise.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
Really depends on what you are using now. I am thinking your existing PC isn't all that fast if you are using 80%-100% when 12 tabling (I could be wrong). But I'd say go for it. The E6600 is actually the cheapest option performance-wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought this Dell Dimension about 6 months ago. It's got a 2.8Ghz Pentium D processor.

It's funny because my GF uses my 14-month-old Dell Inspiron 9300, which has some single core processor, and it runs 12 Party tables way better than my Dimension.

The 6600 is what I was looking at. How long do you guess it will be before Dell is shipping PCs with the 6600 chip? Another few months? I was thinking of going to mwave.com and having them build it for me (I'm just afraid it would be a frustrating process to build my first PC).
Old 08-21-2006, 05:45 PM

the only machines I have heard them having problems shipping are the top of the line XPS systems because of a graphics shortage. I haven't seen that there are any problems with the XPS410.

There should be a good number of chips on the market.