Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: 6.50: JJ in BB

It depends how good your read on those players is.
When they play loose aggressive I would definately raise just for value. make em pay to see the flop with crap hands like A-rag! - and on the flop it is in my opinion absolutely necessery to bet for information! - even a small probing bet will give you a good feeling for where you re at. otherwise you are ether giving free cards - or are faced with a taff decision if someone tryes to bloff in this spot (becouse it is almost a perfect spot to bluff!)
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 AM

A big leak in my game was repopping with JJ and playing hands like TT-88 too aggressively with one over. We really need to check here on the flop as played, there aren't many bets we can make that don't commit us to stacking off here. At a 6.50 expect most players with a Q to pot it here b/c they just get all mad and have something to prove most of the time when they get RR'ed and flop a pair.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:55 AM

The reraise is so large that if it's called, even by only one player, your continuation bet on the flop has to be large enough to make your opponents respect it, and to not give him good odds to simply call.

I think I call here as well to keep the pot smallish and also setup a non-pot committed continuation bet on the flop. I think if an A or K falls I think we check and re-evaluate.