Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Roommate Etiquette - Moving Out Before End of Lease

I wanted to get OOT's input on this. Sorry for the gimmick account but my roommate goes on 2p2 and I want to figure out what I am going to do before I bring this up to him.

I have been living with my current roommate for about 8 months now. We are good friends and I have known him for about 5 years. I enjoy living with him, but the location I'm living in now just isn't ideal. I have to drive everywhere. Even if I want to take the subway into the city, I have to drive to the station and park my car or get a ride. It gets to be annoying at times when I just want to get a cup of coffee somewhere or a bite to eat, but I have to go to my car and drive somewhere.

I was recently asked by my best friend to move into his apartment as his roommate is moving out at the end of August. His apartment location is ideal for me to the point that I wouldn't have to drive anywhere. It's close to the subway, there are food places all over, and bars within walking distance. I am also over his place about 3-4 times a week anyways and I find myself sleeping on his couch after the bars so I don't have to drive home a couple times a week as well. So if the timing was perfect, this would be a no brainer decision. But as it stands, I would have to leave my current apartment mid-lease to do this.

I don't want to leave my roommate stranded, as I am good friends with him. My lease doesn't end until 3 months after I would be supposed to move into my other friend's place, so I would obviously have to get someone to fill my spot. I just don't want to leave my roommate with a random person. I also don't want him to be pissed at me or feel like I'm leaving him flat. It's nothing personal against him - it's just that this situation is absolutely perfect for me, whereas my current scenario just isn't.

Now, I wouldn't do anything to screw him over. If he didn't want to live with anyone else or we couldn't find someone to take my spot, I'd stick it out with him through the end of my lease. I just want to explore this new option.

How can I bring this up to him without coming off like an ass?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Roommate Etiquette - Moving Out Before End of Lease

this is a retarded thread. you talk to him about it frankly and let him know what the options are. you really need to make a gimmick account to find this out? wtf ban lock die
Closed Thread