Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

I haven't read the applications yet just skimmed but it does seem there aren't that many applications that want to run the website. The website is going to be extremely basic, a private log in for each student, a place to download videos (or we can use one of the free uploading sites) and a forum just for articles/hands/chat.

Being able and willing to do this will greatly increase your chances of getting in it seems.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:42 AM

Jay, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but do you have any concerns with revealing your cards to 10 people at any time while playing HSNL? I know that you're obv going to pick people that you trust but there's a ton at risk here. I think videos might be a better call.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:09 AM

1. I had a coach and try to post every day, though typically my days are filled up with things to do. I have recently decided to dedicate more time to poker and less to school so I will be able to post more and focus more on getting better.
2. My Poker goal at the moment is to play 5/10 and 10/20, I recently started playing heads up, so my goal at the moment is to play 5/10 and 10/20 HU, though 6 max would be fine as well. I plan to take next year off and live abroad, playing on euro sites that are softer than FTP and PS.
3. I currently play 400 6 max or 200 HU. I am not currently playing 6 max b/c of my downswing, though it would not be hard for me to get back into the groove and play 6 max again. I enjoy to play both. I would estimate that I have won about $30,000 this year after my downswing. I started with $200 in February in my bodog account.
4. I liked my comments in this thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post13017335
I Though this was an interesting line:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=7#Post12761681
Lastly:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=8#Post12724129
5. I’m 19 and I go to Drexel. I am a Finance major and if I was going to stay in school this would definitely be my concentration. I don’t really want to work 9-5 and I love playing poker/the lifestyle. I am a coach to SSNL and uNL, I’ve done over 100 hours of coaching lifetime. I love the idea of playing pro every day, like aba said when he wakes up “alright! I get to play poker today!”.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:31 PM

I am willing/able to setup the site and help run it.

1. Watching cardrunners video's, always reviewing my sessions, lurking strat forums.

2. I'd like to be able to beat 5/10 NL online but would be more than happy beating 3/6.

3. Currently I'm playing .5/1 nl. I've played as high as 2/4 nl but that was on party back in the day. I played for a living at 1/2 for a year and half but gave it up because I wasn't getting anywhere and when the games started drying up it became harder for me to win.

4. I haven't made any strategy posts in a while.

5. I work from home writing software and I have a lot of flexibility in my schedule and as I've said I'm willing to help run the site and set it up. I'll name my first born after you if you pick me. I am very dedicated to improving my game right now and I would absolutely give back to the community if I get better.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the applications yet just skimmed but it does seem there aren't that many applications that want to run the website. The website is going to be extremely basic, a private log in for each student, a place to download videos (or we can use one of the free uploading sites) and a forum just for articles/hands/chat.

Being able and willing to do this will greatly increase your chances of getting in it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, if I get selected I'll take care of the web site, I didn't wanted as I already left my computer science life behind except for my calculator project, but I'm willing to do it to get in here.

Regards ...
Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should probably milk this a bit.

In my initial post I mentioned I can create the site. I designed a few in highschool (~4-5 years ago). I created one for an engineering company, one for a local money manager, and one for my gaming clan which had a forum with over 2000 registered users.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned that I have a little knowledge and a brother thats more so.

If its going to be simple I would be happy to learn whatever I needed.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can setup the site for a private forum and a place to download/list videos (videos may have to be hosted on a free server though) with private logins.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:23 PM

1. How you are currently improving your game
I am currently reading the FR Forum daily. I also am about to get a card runners subscription so that I can start watching the videos.

2. Your poker goals.
My goals are to be able to beat online NL200 so that I can turn this hobby into my main source of income. Getting good enough to go higher is all gravy, but getting to and consistantly beating NL200 is the main goal currently.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
Currently I play NL25-NL100. I win at NL25 and piss money away at NL100 it seems. It is a horrible loop I am in.
Poker wise, I probably have pulled off about 8k from online to real world.
I am also up about $4k at B&M this year over about 200 hours.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I suck at this game and therefore have not made any good strat posts yet.

5. A little about yourself.
I'm 31, Living in Las Vegas and am going to start playing a ton of live poker once April rolls around.
I have been playing online for a few years now and I have used it to make regular withdraws to buy my toys (PS3, Wii, parents bathroom remodel, etc).
I mainly play cash games, but play some SNG's once in a while and dabble in MTT's where I am trying to get better and more consistant as well. I have had a few big (for me) MTT scores. I won a $3r party tourney, 4th in a Stars 11r, and FT'd a couple others.

I am a low stakes donk who is bad at poker but looking to improve. I work a full time retail job and try to put in about 40-60 hours of poker on top of that per month.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:23 PM

yea megaupload seems perfect for the videos ... i think.
Closed Thread