75001-100000 5 7.58%
100000-150000 7 10.61%
>150000 12 18.18%
dont care /resutls please 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

[ QUOTE ]
If the Red Sox and Indians finish the season with the same record, do the Sox get the #1 seed based on their 5-2 record vs. the Indians this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Globe they do have the tiebreaker:

Of magic numbers
By Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff

With the Red Sox taking the lead (6-4) on the three-run home run by J.D. Drew into right field, and Cleveland losing to Kansas City, that could give the Red Sox the best record in the American League. Because the Sox have the tiebreaker with the Indians, the magic number is two, which could be finished off tonight.

That would give the Red Sox the choice of a seven-day or eight-day Division Series schedule.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:33 PM

I guess they have less than an hour to decide. I didn't know that until the KC announcer had mentioned it.

craig
Old 09-29-2007, 10:37 PM

Wow, what a ride! GOGOGOGOGOGO SOX in the Playoffs! I'm doing my best to get to the Anaheim game on Sunday!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:02 AM

All of the sudden JD Drew's season has went from complete bust to mediocre. I hope he continues into the post season and next year.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All of the sudden JD Drew's season has went from complete bust to mediocre. I hope he continues into the post season and next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

My fear is that his hot September keeps him in the lineup even if he turns cold again in October.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My fear is that his hot September keeps him in the lineup even if he turns cold again in October.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hitter can go cold for a series or two. JD is a proven hitter, sure he could slump again, but perhaps he has pulled out of his funk, his kid might be doing better or something, or he has finally adjusted. Bottom line is he is getting on base better than anyone right now, and his long run stats in this regard have always been great. He's healthy, the Sox are rested and healthy, Popi has turned it on so he has figured out how to keep that knee from biting, yeah we might miss the kid pitcher, but whatever, the Asians should have live arms, its all we can ask for. Its all good! I'm gonna keep going!! Paps held up. Pedroia doesn't care about post season, Dr. Love at 3rd and Tek, these are MEN! Manny back from vacation. Whoooo hooooo!!!! Wasn't Schill hitting 95 the other day, someone said so, it must be true. Youk is solid, he'll be fine. Beckett was lights out winning rings when he was a baby, he's even stronger now!!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

September is closer to what we should expect from JD than April - August
Old 09-30-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

September is closer to what we should expect from JD than April - August

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but its hard to forget April - August.

I am really hoping he has turned the corner and is getting comfortable in Boston. We'll see.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am really hoping he has turned the corner and is getting comfortable in Boston. We'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally try to look at stats, more than 'attitude', or a player 'wanting it more', 'clutch', etc... But my guess is that his son having surgery , being in a cast from his chest down, and then Drew having to leave him all the time, must have taken its toll on his psyche. These guys are professionals, but I am sure that any professional, in almost any profession, would definitely not be able to perform as expected/they usually do.

craig
Old 09-30-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he 'turned cold', what alternative is there? Hinske? At least Drew, at his worst, has a chance not to hit into a double play or pop up. Ellsbury? Manny might not play everyday, so then the outfield would be Ellsbury, Crisp, and Hinske. Ellsbury is over-performing and doesn't have as much power as Drew. Plus, that would be one less person on the bench. Drew is BOS best option right now and is under- performing (though has decent OBP).

craig