Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Neteller good news/You live in the US?

Why would Neteller keep this secret? Good news if the bank is correct.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would Neteller keep this secret? Good news if the bank is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am wondering if somehow my transfer is much further up the food chain then the rest of the 2+2 community's. I requested a withdrawal (jan 16) about 24 hours ahead of Neteller's withdrawl from the US market. This could mean nothing or everything.

Speculation:
1. My money cleared neteller's accounts and was being held by the 3rd party processor (perhaps trying to clarify whether they needed to hold my funds)
2. My bank has witheld the funds ( just like they are witholding funds on my bodog check)
3. your ideas?

At this point it is all speculation. I will call and clarify in a few hours. Any of you who are knowledgable about banking and ACH please give me some ammo to fire here. I would love to be able to give you all more information. Unfortunately, I just don't know what is happening yet; other then what I was told over the phone.
=====> neteller transfer will be available on saturday. half is available to you right now, given that your frustrated by our hold on your check you deposited a few weeks ago.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:18 PM

Based on the timing of your withdraw it sound like your transfer from Neteller is part of the $55 millions seized in transit by the DOJ..How that may effects a "pending" release is a guessing game..
Old 02-22-2007, 05:20 PM

My withdraws from neteller were both done on the 15 of Jan. My bank has no record of anything. I think you should call them back and make sure they were talkinga bout your neteller transactions.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My withdraws from neteller were both done on the 15 of Jan. My bank has no record of anything. I think you should call them back and make sure they were talkinga bout your neteller transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

It couldn't be anything else. I do not use this account for any other deposits.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Neteller good news

[ QUOTE ]
Because come Saturday, when that "pending" transaction doesn't come thru, your account is going to be overdrawn, and the bank is going to be extremely happy to charge you fees, and more fees, and then some fees for charging you fees. Hahahahahahaha!

[/ QUOTE ]
If he's a Bank of America customer this could be true.
I sure hope that's not the case, and you've really got some funds coming. GL.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be going an getting a woody just yet...there is NO SUCH THING as a "pending ACH transfer" that your bank would see....either it has come in, in which case, ALL the money would be immediately made available to you, or NOTHING has come in....there is no in between.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have no idea if Neteller funds are warehoused, but...

There is such thing as financial institutions being able to see transactions prior to their funding date, see ACH warehouse...

http://www.answers.com/topic/warehouse

2. Temporary storage of transactions by an Automated Clearinghouse (Ach) or a financial institution, as for corporate customers. ACH associations may hold transactions for financial institutions up to 31 days prior to the Value Date when funds actually are moved.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:25 PM

I have a pending withdrawl from Jan 16 as well and no such luck.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:50 PM

UPDATE

I called back today, and Half the funds are available right now. I can walk up to a bank location and withdraw cash if I want. I clarified that it IS IN FACT my neteller withdrawl. I asked if it had the same ACH coding as my other 5000 withdrawls earlier that month and the answer is "YES. YES it appears to be the same financial institution. Tomorrow we will know more as that is when we receive the funds, they go to pending, Saturday they post. We have made them available earlier in light of your situation and the extended timing it has taken to clear these funds." This is all the info available to me at this time. Perhaps my bank is able to see ACH transaction (warehousing?) earlier then when they technically go through. Interestingly, this may mean tomorrow some of your neteller withdraws will process. I am assured mine will go through.

Keep in mind, I was in the same boat as all of you, though I will have to wait until Saturday to know for a fact everything went through. I am feeling pretty confident about this ACH transfer getting to my account however.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 PM

Your bank may simply be waiting to ensure the EFT doesn't bounce back. They may of received the money and holding it for a period of time untill they are sure its cleared. I have sent EFT(under paypal if that counts) and it takes 3 weeks before it clears to the person I send it too.

Saturday may simply be the day that the bank has decided to wait untill they are sure the funds are cleared. Just like if I write you a cheque for 5K and you deposit it, there would be a hold on the funds for X amount of days untill the bank is sure the cheque doesn't bounce.

My 12 year old son opended an account at a bank and deposited $100 cash. The girl handling the account said she would change the deposit so it is cleared. They have a auto 24 hour on all funds deposited. This was cash given to the bank.

good luck