Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

Besides wanting to know how it was done, I would be probing into the scope of the cheating in terms of time, the number of accounts and the number of methods used. The severe limitations on the GA audit sound ridiculous. How do they know they've identified all of the accounts and all the ways people could have been cheated? When management is corrupt, almost anything could happen. Confiscation of funds without cause, skimming, collusion, dumping to friends, etc. etc., and it seems likely that it's been going on for years.

The bottom line is, how long has the cheating been going on and how do they know they've uncovered it all? Press them hard on that stuff and not just the accounts we know about.

Good luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you to AP for the offer and opportunity. I welcome the invitation of Adanthar or another 2p2er down to CR on AP's behalf and I'll support his trip.

-Nat

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but thanking these guys is just wrong. They're effin lucky you're considering this.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nat - I really hope the conspirtards didn't influence you this way... I feel like your second point is more valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

The objection people raised of Nat taking money because of the legal implications were valid. The objection people raised about him taking any money at all(legal or not) is tied to the first point.
Nat, I'm glad you decided not to take money from the same people that stole millions. Who knows, you might have been unknowingly laundering some of the money they stole if you accepted payment. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ikes, could you please remove AP's genitals from your mouth, or if you can't do that, could you please hold back your criticism against anybody who wants to see justice served.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nat - I really hope the conspirtards didn't influence you this way... I feel like your second point is more valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

The objection people raised of Nat taking money because of the legal implications were valid. The objection people raised about him taking any money at all(legal or not) is losely tied to the first point.
Nat, I'm glad you decided not to take money from the same people that stole millions. Who knows, you might have been unknowingly laundering some of the money they stole if you accepted payment. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ikes, could you please remove AP's genitals from your mouth, or if you can't do that, could you please hold back your criticism against anybody who wants to see justice served.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying real, real hard to ignore retarded posts in these threads... you've consistently made that hard
Old 10-24-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been trying real, real hard to ignore retarded posts in these threads... you've consistently made that hard

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good news imo. You're exactly the kind of person I want to put on tilt.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:29 AM

Sounds like what you really mean is your not going period. So you were apparently motivated by the money. Nonetheless the whole trip sounded like a pointless exercise.

"...Since I'm not doing this for the money, I don't really care if I skip going..."
Old 10-24-2007, 12:32 AM

I find it astonishing that many of the people discouraging this trip are the same people that want AP to fall apart. Intuitively, if you want to proceed against them it would be a good idea to gather as much information about them as possible, bearing in mind all the while that it may be incomplete and/or tainted. To say "OK, we've got enough, hang 'em", after a week of sifting through a few wedding photos without knowing a damn thing about the organization is mind-numbingly stupid. Hang WHO? It's easy to say the whole organization is dirty and then refuse to listen to anything else when it's clear a lot of innocent people have their futures tied to the guilty parties.

Who knows what's going on over there. It would be nice to try and find out. I'd hate to find out that it really was a couple of high level punks and their buddies that orchestrated this whole crime and cover-up, but blood-lust took out the company even after it made a genuine effort to remove them and clean-up. This may not be the case, but it should not be dismissed just because we want to see something burn.

I hope the trip still happens, and I'm sorry that the stupidity of others is going to mean it will cost you even more than it already has.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like what you really mean is your not going period. So you were apparently motivated by the money. Nonetheless the whole trip sounded like a pointless exercise.

"...Since I'm not doing this for the money, I don't really care if I skip going..."

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I may go. I may also step out of the situation. I haven't decided yet.

EDIT: If you think I'm motivated by money from this, you're wrong. Do you really think I spent 100+ hours on this so far with the random hope of making money on it somehow and then readily said to someone else they can take the money and go in my place? If I was, wouldn't take the money no matter what?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame on you, sir. Big time.

Without Nat's incredible work so far we wouldn't even be having this conversation and you'd be still playing on the most corrupt poker site in living memory.

If there is even the slightest chance that a trip on AP's terms could cause legal problems on returning to the US, then no other reason to decline is required.

Doesn't mean a fact-finding trip cannot take place under different circumstances.

Nat's integrity is not the issue here, AP's is.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Intuitively, if you want to proceed against them it would be a good idea to gather as much information about them as possible, bearing in mind all the while that it may be incomplete and/or tainted. To say "OK, we've got enough, hang 'em", after a week of sifting through a few wedding photos without knowing a damn thing about the organization is mind-numbingly stupid. Hang WHO? It's easy to say the whole organization is dirty and then refuse to listen to anything else when it's clear a lot of innocent people have their futures tied to the guilty parties.

Who knows what's going on over there. It would be nice to try and find out. I'd hate to find out that it really was a couple of high level punks and their buddies that orchestrated this whole crime and cover-up, but blood-lust took out the company even after it made a genuine effort to remove them and clean-up. This may not be the case, but it should not be dismissed just because we want to see something burn.

I hope the trip still happens, and I'm sorry that the stupidity of others is going to mean it will cost you even more than it already has.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. just wow.