Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Foxwoods Megastack II trip report

I got to Foxwoods on Wed afternoon, checked in to the hotel and sat down in the 5/10 NL game. It was a long 12 hour session and I don't remember all the hands, but I do recall a few of the big pots. I pick up Kings like 4 times in the first 2 hours I'm there. But the first two times the flops are terrible and I don't win the pots. The 3rd time I raise a couple limpers from the button with KK and three of them call. The CO limper only has 800 to start the hand. The flop comes Q high with a flush draw and he leads into me for 150 into a 250 pot. I make it 500 and the other limpers fold. He shoves pretty quickly and I obviously call. He has Ac8c and misses his flush draw +overs. An hour or so later, a loose player opens in MP, there is one caller and I call in BB with AQo. Flop is T82r. He fires a cbet of 75 into 120 pot, the other caller folds, I decide he probably doesn't have much on the board so I cr to 250 and he calls pretty quickly. The turn is another 8, so I fire 600 he calls quickly again. River is another 8. I obviously have to give up now, it would be suicidal to continue with the bluff when he probably has JJ,QQ or a T. I check and fold, everyone thinks my set of 2s got counterfitted.

The next big hand I can remember, I raise Th8h to 40 from EP and get 4 callers. Flop is QhJh7h. Checks to me and I bet 150. One of the regulars makes it 300 and it folds back to me. He is playing a 2k stack and I cover. I raise it to 800, he thinks for a few seconds and puts his whole stack in. I call pretty quickly and show him my flush, he has 4h2h and is drawing dead. Somehow I then work my stack up to about 7.5k, but I don't remember any big hands. The game has gotten a little bit crazier though with the addition of a few loose players who like to move chips. Someone limps in EP, and I limp behind with KsTd. A player who I think is a nitty, straightforward local with a 4k stack makes it 60. Other limper calls and I call too even though I know I'm completely dominated by this guys range. Flop is As5s8s. We both check to the nit, and he bets 150. It folds to me and I decide it's a good time to check raise, because he never has a flush and will probably just release a lot of his hands. I make it 400, it's a small check raise, but it's live and these small bets seem to work and will make it cheaper for me on the turn if I need to continue. Then, something I didn't expect happens, he minraises me to 650. Hmmm, now I'm thinking he probably has AA. I decide not to try to bluff him off top set and just call. The turn is the 9c. I check and he checks behind. The river is the 6s. I think for a few seconds and decide that the only way I'm probably going to get paid is if he has AxQs or QxQs. So, I fire 1000 into the 1600 pot. I'm expecting him to get pissed off and muck if he has AxKx or AAA. Again, the guy who I thought was a nit surprises me. He nearly instantly moves all in for 3.5k. I say "hold on a second guys, I gotta make sure I have what I think I have". I'm 95% sure I have the Ks and not the Kc, but I could have make a mistake. So, I check my cards, yep the Ks. I stand up and look at the board. It's not paired and there are four spades. There is a possible straight flush out there, but there is no way this guy plays a suited connector this way. I call. He raises his cards to muck and I see a red King. Ship the biggest pot I've ever won live or online. I was really shocked, I've played quite a few hours in this game in the last month and I've never seen anyone make a huge pure bluff like that. That puts me at about an 11k stack. I don't play anymore big pots before calling it a night.

The next day, I wake up and head down to the poker room a few hours before the tourney begins. The 5/10 game is still going and some of the guys that are stuck are still sitting in. I get on the list and eventually get seated. These guys are really moving some chips. There is one pot that is raised to 75, reraised to 225 and gets 6 callers. After the hand, I announce "wow I don't even want to play the tourney now, this game is sick." I leave without making any hands and lose 500 or so seeing flops. To give you an idea of how bad some of these guys are. There is a straddle, and a player makes it 125. Button calls, SB calls, and straddler calls. 4 to flop. TJ6r. Checks to pfr and he bets 500, sb makes it 1500 with like 600 behind and pfr just calls. SB moves the rest in dark, Turn Q and pfr raiser quickly calls with AK. Turn pairs the board and SB wins a big pot.

Early in the tourney I'm getting dealt good cards, hitting flops, making sets etc, but the blinds are so small that all the pots I'm winning aren't adding up to much. I get to like 33k, and then start a decline when someone rivers a flush on me, etc. I'm at about 24k when I play a hand vs a bad player who I know from the 5/10 game. He limps button and I check bb w A3, I think blinds are 100/200. Flop is AQ9, I lead for 400, he calls and sb folds. turn is another A. I lead for 1000 and he calls quickly. River is a 2. I check and he fires 5k. I can only beat a bluff, so I tank and start thinking. I'm almost certain he would have raised if he had an A on either the flop or the turn. Also, I think that if he did have an A, it is very likely he would be smaller to get me to pay off with a Q or something. I call and he mucks pretty quickly.

Another big hand I played happened at the 600/1200/150a level. I have 50k or so. CO just moved to out table, he opens for 3600 and I call with KTo OTB. HU to the flop. AcKcTs. He checks and I bet 6000. He calls pretty quickly. Turn is the 9c and we both check. The river is the 7d. He checks. I really am not sure what to put him on, but I don't think that he has the flush, QJ or AK. I decide to bet 12k and hope to get called by an Ace (AQ,AJ). He takes for a while, counts his chips, etc and finally makes the call with Ah8h. He says "I thought you had KQ, I didn't think you'd value bet 2 pair". I'm not sure I understand his logic, but I'll take his chips.

I have pretty decent reads on my table, unfortunately I get moved to a new table. The first hand I'm there, a big stack min raises at 600/1200/150a. Button cold calls, and the guy on my right just shoves for 18k. They both fold. Next hand, it folds to this guy OTB and he makes it 4800. I have about 72k stack and have 66. I start adding up how much is in the pot and decide I have to put this guy to the to the test for all his chips. I make it 15k, BB folds, and button instantly moves all in for 8k more. Damn, I call he has TT and I'm down to 50k or so. Then another player I know from 5/10 limps utg+1, I'm in BB with 9c7c. HU to the flop 8c4c8s. I lead for 3k and he calls fairly quickly. Turn is 9h. I bet 6k and he calls. River Jh. We both check and he tables JT offsuit and proudly declares "I put him on a flush draw". Nice read. We break for dinner shortly after, I have like 37k left.

After dinner, the blinds are 800/1600/200a. I don't think I even get to play a hand this level. I don't find any good restealing opportunities and my stack quickly dwindles down to 22k. I get moved to a new table and blinds are 1000/2000/300a. I'm pretty desperate now. My opponent from the 9c7c hand is also moved. As soon as we get seated a guy shoves 17k utg+2 and no one calls. The next hand, he shoves 22k from utg w ATo and gets called by my friend from the other table who is utg+2 I think. UTG has ATo and UTG+2 has AQ, T on the flop and now that guy has 50k. Very next hand, the guy who just lost w AQ makes it 12k from UTG+1. I'm in MP and look down at AK and just throw my chips in, it folds to BB and he thinks for a bit and moves in for his newly aquired 50k. The other guy starts talking, "This is my favorite hand, I've made a lot of money with this hand, etc" He has like 80k and needs to call 38k more I think. He makes the call eventually. BB has TT, UTG+2 has 55, so I'm in decent shape until the 5 shows up in the window. GG me.

I walk around trying to find HEK, but apparently he already busted. I call him up, he's in the pit and I decide to head up there to blow off some steam. He's playing blackjack, betting two hands at like 100 a hand. A seat opens up, so I sit down and cash in a purple chip and start drinking beer and playing 50 a hand while HEK explains basic strategy to me. Well, we go on a sick heater. I don't recall all the details, but next thing I know, we have taken over the whole table and are betting 200-600 a hand, 3 hands each. I look back and there are a ton of railbirds watching us. HEK builds up at one point to +20k and I was +8k. One of the railbirds was sitting in an empty seat for like 2 hours just watching us win, giving us high fives, etc. At one point, he asks HEK if he can "Get me back in the game", LOL this is just like playing on full tilt, beggars, railbirds, etc. HEK tosses the guy two greens and he dissappears shortly thereafter. At 4am, HEK quits at +14k. I'm at like +6k and say "I'll meet you at the cage after this hand". One one of the 3 hands, I have pocket 8s and dealer has a 6 showing, so I split. Get another 8 and a 2. Oh god, this isn't gonna end well. I end up with like 2.8k wagered with all 19s-16s. Dealer flips up a 5 underneath, river is a T. GG me. I cash out +8k. The next morning, I'm checking out of the hotel. The girl says "wow you have a lot of points, you want to just use those to pay?" Apparently, I ran up 700$ in comps while we are playing blackjack. I'd like to just head home, but I have to wait for the ferry which doesn't show up till 4. So, I head down to the poker room hungover and sit in the 5/10 game for 5 or 6 hours. I don't even think I make top pair once and I wasn't into it mentally. I ended up losing 1.5k or so splashing around.

Totals:

5/10 NL +7k
tourney -3k
blackjack +2.5k
Old 06-16-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Megastack II trip report

BJ is best part, but you have recently been outdone by Krantz in Vegas