Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Sheets 20r Q6s hand

Posted this on PXF forum a week ago, but sheets never responded so I thought I'd see what you guys think. I believe sheets is currently 5/37.

8 handed

Blinds 2000/4000/200a
relevant stacks

UTG 38000
CO 85000
BB (Sheets) 145000 Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG limps
CO limps
Sheets checks his option.

flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Sheets checks.
UTg checks.
CO bets 8000.
Sheets folds.

In the video, when you flop the flush draw sheets says "I don't like to play this as aggressively as others, because someone could have a 2 here and I don't want to get in a tough spot". That seems very unlikely given the preflop action. I'd be more worried about utg having AA or KK given that he limped for 10% of his stack. There aren't a lot of 2's in his limping range. Same for CO limper, maybe he has A2s but hands with a 2 is a very small part of his range.

Since we saw the flop from the BB in a limped pot, we're the most likely to have a 2. CO makes a 1/2 pot stab at it, but that could be anything in his range. I think this is a good spot to represent the 2 and apply some pressure or at least peel one off with the flush draw +overcard.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Sheets 20r Q6s hand

Yea we kind of had to put this over here since it got no love in the PXF forum.

I'm with grafyx here, i think folding is bad.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 PM

Really? I am wk-tight but I would just not get involved with non-nut flush draw on a paired board.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:23 PM

Haha I lead this because of the deuces.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? I am wk-tight but I would just not get involved with non-nut flush draw on a paired board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your generalizing to much. Look at what that 'paired board' is. Its basically a harmless pair.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:31 PM

Was this on those training videos he runs, because I think this is preety bad advice... maybe if he is tourney CL and doesnt have any reason to get involved with another big stack in what would essentially be a close gamble nearly all of the time, but thats the only way I'm not playing this hand fast on the flop...

88 from CO raises preflop

22 for quads is just so unlikely that if thats what he has, then your just unlucky, not much you can do about it

Ax(d) this one hurts a little as you are a decent underdog and now have to hit the Q or 6 to win it (split pot possible)

Really the only hands I'm worried about here are AA, KK, A2s, Ax(d) and with the ability to represent the 2 with a bet here you may be able to convince villian to let go of those big overpairs (although this may require that you second barrel AI the turn, I dont think he can call you without a 2)

Worst case scenerio, you re-raise to 25k, he calls, and turn blanks... and you can still represent the 2 here, getting any hand without a 2 to fold vs a good thinking villian...
Old 04-03-2007, 09:55 PM

What can I say? I just dont like playing flush draws on paired boards. I just hate the possibility of drawing dead. Guess i am an old weak tight squeezetard ...oh well.

sheets
Old 04-03-2007, 10:07 PM

Nah, you are an old, tight, squeeze, poker god... I just didnt like that one line [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sheets>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>Disciple X 100

Disciple
Old 04-03-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What can I say? I just dont like playing flush draws on paired boards. I just hate the possibility of drawing dead. Guess i am an old weak tight squeezetard ...oh well.

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of glad you edited your initial response it was a little over the top. I'm not saying it's bad advice per say, I'm just "daring" to question the reasoning to behind one of your plays, it's not the end of the world man. You don't have to be quite so defensive.

Would you agree that the board pairing a 2 is much different than a J or a T?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:32 PM

np

sheets