Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

This might be a dick thing to say but i do not believe Lurker ever wanted to kill himself. People who want to kill themselves do it. People who want attention post on message boards saying they are going to kill themselves. Just my point of view regarding this...
Old 09-01-2007, 03:37 PM

and you will feel great when he does it just to prove you morons wrong
Old 09-01-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be a dick thing to say but i do not believe Lurker ever wanted to kill himself. People who want to kill themselves do it. People who want attention post on message boards saying they are going to kill themselves. Just my point of view regarding this...

[/ QUOTE ]

try reading the entire thread before making stupid statements like this. then next time you won't look like a complete moran.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about psychology but it just seems kind of strange to me with the facts he's given:

-lives with parents
-stays up all night on the computer, sleeps all day
-has no job
-doesn't go to school
-complains that his life is directionless
-has made 5200 posts on a website in the last 8+ months

Any other 19 year olds care to compare their life with his?

I'd guess he has one of two choices: get a job or go to school and stop the attention whoring

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly that list pretty much was me a bit over a year ago. I did move out and started school a few months back, and life is a lot better, a lot more consistent. However had I made this post at the time, having you be an ass would not have helped me realize that I needed change. So once again, why in the hell would you try and push someone whos a few feet from the edge to the edge? In what way does this seem like a good strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boom, good for you, you saw that what you were doing wasn't good for you and you made a change. It worked. You didn't make a post like lurkers, why not?

If you were his brother and he told you he was going to kill himself would you get all "don't do it man, life is good" or would you look at his lifestyle and say wtf, I'd want to kill myself too if I were doing what you were doing.

From my list, with the exception of being 19, he can change ANYTHING, and it would make his life better. He's been on this site most of his waking hours for the past 8 1/2 months. He's in a rut, probably addicted to the internet. I'd suggest that he start turning off his computer for awhile. I'd prefer to offer a solution than to cajole him into thinking that he got one over on everybody.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:53 PM

can someone confirm that they've spoken to lurker in the last 24 hours?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about psychology but it just seems kind of strange to me with the facts he's given:

-lives with parents
-stays up all night on the computer, sleeps all day
-has no job
-doesn't go to school
-complains that his life is directionless
-has made 5200 posts on a website in the last 8+ months

Any other 19 year olds care to compare their life with his?

I'd guess he has one of two choices: get a job or go to school and stop the attention whoring

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly that list pretty much was me a bit over a year ago. I did move out and started school a few months back, and life is a lot better, a lot more consistent. However had I made this post at the time, having you be an ass would not have helped me realize that I needed change. So once again, why in the hell would you try and push someone whos a few feet from the edge to the edge? In what way does this seem like a good strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boom, good for you, you saw that what you were doing wasn't good for you and you made a change. It worked. You didn't make a post like lurkers, why not?

If you were his brother and he told you he was going to kill himself would you get all "don't do it man, life is good" or would you look at his lifestyle and say wtf, I'd want to kill myself too if I were doing what you were doing.

From my list, with the exception of being 19, he can change ANYTHING, and it would make his life better. He's been on this site most of his waking hours for the past 8 1/2 months. He's in a rut, probably addicted to the internet. I'd suggest that he start turning off his computer for awhile. I'd prefer to offer a solution than to cajole him into thinking that he got one over on everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I see what you mean, but there are certain ways of going about it, and you obviously arent skilled in those ways. I do agree that he probably needs to get out more. Even if it is just for a nice walk. Walk to a hot dog stand or a by the slice place instead of ordering out more often, simple [censored] like that. Being couped up, esp in your parents house, can be extremely depressing.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:47 AM

Wow. Just saw this thread.

1st and most importantly: Lurker, DO NOT DO IT!

2nd: You matter more to the world than you know.

3rd: FK the haterz and levlrs and psuedo physcers in this thread talkin BS

4th: Each of our pain's is different, but trust me, others have felt pain this deep before including me. The pain seems insurmountable at the time but, with help and support, it can be lessened even if it never goes fully away.

5th: Me (lifelong Yankee, diehard fan) will shout out GO Sox! (and mean it) next time they play if that will at least bring a smile to your face an take you that one step back closer to staying with us.

6th: Do you have a passport bro? If yes, and can muster the airfare and just like $2k (not for me but for your own expenses and minor BRing), I will personally show you a life (set you up with a cheap apt, with internetz, near beach, etc) here in The Thai Islands that will do wonders for your perspective on life. Tis true that "no matter where you go, there you are," BUT there is also truth to the "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes" theme as well.

Before I moved here, I was in a deep dark place due to a combination of experiences and situations (I'm not going to minimize your pain by detailing mine in a one upmanship game) and now I'm in a very different place mentally, spiritually as well as physically.

Summary: Life IS worth living. Keep living!

PS Im sure your PM box is fuller than full by now but Ill send one along with my phone AIM/MSN as well if you want to talk.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:03 AM

when people tell others that they plan to commit suicide it is often a cry for help. it is incredibly insensitive and idiotic to say something like, "if you meant it you'd just do it." the person is hurting and needs some immediate care. furthermore, often it is the case that people ignore these cries for help thinking they aren't real and then the person commits suicide. these are real cries for help. these are desperate measures. suicide is always a very real possibility.

it's not easy to kill yourself. think about how frightening a prospect that would be. people want to feel better. they want to avoid having to go to that extent. they want help. so give it to them.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:40 AM

UPDATE FOLKS:

Just had an MSN chat with Lurker, and hes still on the sad side, but is SAFE with his family and we've discussed a potential plan in the near future which he seems excited about.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:42 AM

bbv4l get together cheer up circle jerk ftw