Old 08-19-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Boat vs nit - fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a fold vs this typical player

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright maybe I should give him more credit. Against a good player definitely don't fold this. If he's a totally fishy nit, with a ton of history, I would consider a fold.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 PM

meh I'd fold
Old 08-19-2007, 06:19 PM

Well, I just couldn't find the fold button on this one. Tanked it and eventually called just to see myself beaten by QQ, which I "knew" he had.

Actually, thinking about this some more, I definitely think AQh is in his range as well. He wouldn't just fold it on the flop and he wouldn't fold it on the turn. And on the river he basically has to bet (shove), doesn't he?

Anyway, tough hand and not a bad beat story as some people have suggested.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Old 08-19-2007, 07:08 PM

i thought this was a real obvious call at first but now I think it's actually a pretty interesting spot...

i def call in real life though, who am i kidding
Old 08-19-2007, 07:08 PM

this def can be a harder spot than some people are giving it credit for... but its super read dependent for a bunch of reasons. too close to call given relevant info, imo. although, considering whats been said, im much closer to a call than fold.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I just couldn't find the fold button on this one. Tanked it and eventually called just to see myself beaten by QQ, which I "knew" he had.

Actually, thinking about this some more, I definitely think AQh is in his range as well. He wouldn't just fold it on the flop and he wouldn't fold it on the turn. And on the river he basically has to bet (shove), doesn't he?

Anyway, tough hand and not a bad beat story as some people have suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to add some more hands you beat other than AhQh to have enough equity to call. I tried posting a couple of hands to see what people would say. They didn't get a lot of responses, but maybe it will be interesting to look at the hand from his point of view with a couple worse hands.

in mid stakes

and small stakes
Old 08-19-2007, 11:29 PM

I actually pm'd heheokok before he posted the results on this one.

Discussed this with a friend and he (not myself) immediately landed on QQ as only feasible hand. 3-5 hearts and 66 don't even figure. His reasoning simplified (he is a reg higher stakes player in los angeles with no 2+2 account):

"although online is more aggressive, a nit is a nit. 66-22 in bvb wars simply do no raise. There are too many flops they are unable to play pass and raising preflop in bvb is not a nit's style. 88+ is an easy raise, and given the description of the timed down on flop, the guy def has overpair here. when he shoves river, i give him credit for qq and fold. whats point of having stat trackers if u don't use them to ur adv in situations like these? i mean u know he is a nit, not a artard, no way he chases 4/5 psb on turn for a flush that may/maynot be good on pr'd board."

i dont really play nlhe but like reading these threads, and i think his preflop point of bvb held the most validity and main this decision easier for me.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost everytime I see someone just shove when a flush hits they pretty much have a boat. The most likely holding he has here is QQ imo, mb 66, and possibly the nut flush. He has one of those 3 hands or complete air, the latter isn't likely.

[/ QUOTE ]As I said it's def most likely QQ, it's easy to say now though, i prob would've called too. When you can objectively look at the hand without having basically the 3rd nuts, it's a lot easier to say fold. But realistically i'm not good enough at poker to listen to my true read and fold, so I prob would've stacked off too.