Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Getting past the rake stakes.

[ QUOTE ]
you probably need to examine your play more and be more open to the fact that you are doing a lot of things wrong. The reason you are still playing 50plo is not that you can't move up because the rake is so high. Saying

[ QUOTE ]
i know i extract max value for my hands and read my opponents well. most my negative sessions are from simply losing alot of races. im really not questioning my game here

[/ QUOTE ]

will really not help you improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, just play more hands, reviewing your play and being open to change is for losers anyway.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 PM

i want my [censored] tv already. one more month then 42 inches of ftp plasma
Old 11-13-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you probably need to examine your play more and be more open to the fact that you are doing a lot of things wrong. The reason you are still playing 50plo is not that you can't move up because the rake is so high. Saying

[ QUOTE ]
i know i extract max value for my hands and read my opponents well. most my negative sessions are from simply losing alot of races. im really not questioning my game here

[/ QUOTE ]

will really not help you improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont take me for someone who doesnt try to get better and simply just stay that suckouts are to blame. i know im no star player either(i play 50plo lol). but for the work i have put into studying poker(nl,plo,o8,stud) it is just frustrating to see all my potential profits go to rake. i just need a cardrunners subscription.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 AM

The irony is so sweet.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 AM

I started PLO at 0.25/0.50 level - played that about 4k hands.
-> moved to 0.50/1 - those games I played about ~10k hands.
-> moved to 1/2 - still play this level sometimes when thereŽs awfully good game, but very rarely. Have ~70k hands logged in at this level.
-> started to mix in 2/4 after playing at 1/2 about ~20k hands. I currently play these levels (2/4 - 3/6) and some 5/10 shots mixed in. (I always buy-in full, also when I move up).

IMO level of play at 0.5/1 and 1/2 is exactly the same. Sometimes you find better tables at 1/2 than 0.5/1 and vice versa. Player pool is pretty much the same. So I would try to skip 0.5/1 as fast as possible and then learn the routine at 1/2 level, where you can be a big winner even making some big mistakes occasionally. Moving up from 1/2 to bigger games is a little bit harder job, because player pool gets significantly smaller (and somewhat tougher). IŽd say that your winrate halves when moving from 1/2 to 2/4 at the beginning at least.

EDIT: I had 1 year experience in limit holdŽem before I started playing PLO.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

IMO level of play at 0.5/1 and 1/2 is exactly the same. Sometimes you find better tables at 1/2 than 0.5/1 and vice versa. Player pool is pretty much the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably depends on the site, but I don't find this to be the case on Stars or UB. It's definitely true that the 1/2 games are sometimes juicier, but on average I think the players are more aggressive and tricky.