Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Is Vegas getting tougher?

Went to vegas in June/Aug tried to catch the mystical WSOP crowd in June, but caught pros instead same in Aug both at Venetian 1/2 NL. Is vegas getting tougher or was I at the wrong table?
Old 08-18-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Is Vegas getting tougher?

Getting tougher. Everyone keeps going there to cut up the fish and they're cutting up each other.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:55 PM

I move dout here in 2002....they started spreading no limit cash games at the end of '03. I was beating the cash games regularly. As time went on I noticed a new type of player....

The players who couldn't handle the chips, but knew the game. All the players who learned the game in the boom have gone through the cycle of being pumped up and busted and have learned the game by now. The players who made a few bad plays during a session and lost their whole rolls have tightened the screws on their game and might have learned a little money management. I remember even I used to rebuy 3 or 4 times trying to chase losses but now I just book a loss after losing two BIs...
Old 08-18-2007, 07:27 PM

I saw it being more weak-tight than anything else. Definitely not tougher than the online games by a longshot
Old 08-18-2007, 08:06 PM

i find this hard to believe that it is tuff games
Old 08-18-2007, 08:16 PM

It also depends on where/ when you play. I play a lot of 15 live and I go into the B thinking I am gonna win 1500 and every now and then I do..hehe

A win of 1500 at the Wynn 15 game is nearly impossible. At the Wynn 15 I have found that my big hands dont get paid off as often. the players who play there simply dont put their money in the pot as often..
Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 PM

You forgot to mention the soft-playing/collusion? at Wynn.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It also depends on where/ when you play. I play a lot of 15 live and I go into the B thinking I am gonna win 1500 and every now and then I do..hehe

A win of 1500 at the Wynn 15 game is nearly impossible. At the Wynn 15 I have found that my big hands dont get paid off as often. the players who play there simply dont put their money in the pot as often..

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you can bluff them out? I was suprised to find my bluffs lhe have actually started working.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you can bluff them out? I was suprised to find my bluffs lhe have actually started working.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seemed whenever I tried bluffing in a 10-handed game someone called me down with AA KK QQ.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw it being more weak-tight than anything else. Definitely not tougher than the online games by a longshot

[/ QUOTE ] I'd agree with this. Seen a lot of limping/folding not much chasing.