Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Torino\'s Finest

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never audibly heard anything from the 3rd kid, but the stuff I've read I like.

I pretty much like any of those x-games stoner kids that are now in the Olympics because America wanted more medals. I especially like it when they do stoner things like that one chick who crashed. She's awesome and I want to buy her her next dime bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, that chick is such a [censored]. It's jerks like this that make people hate Americans, and I can't defend her at all, what a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's a bitch because she's a kid having fun who maybe screwed up a little.

This smacks of taking things too seriously and caring too much.

I'm pretty sure people have a lot better reasons to hate Americans than what some kid snowboarder did.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the OLYMPICS! I'm pretty sure it's a lot more her not taking it seriously enough than me taking it too serious.

As far as people hating Americans for other reasons, I know they do, but stuff like this chick you just can't defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize the Olympics entail just playing sports right? There are no diplomatic conferences or treaties signed while the Olympics take place, just sports.

While they may be entertaining and fun to watch they are, for the most part, meaningless.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never audibly heard anything from the 3rd kid, but the stuff I've read I like.

I pretty much like any of those x-games stoner kids that are now in the Olympics because America wanted more medals. I especially like it when they do stoner things like that one chick who crashed. She's awesome and I want to buy her her next dime bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, that chick is such a [censored]. It's jerks like this that make people hate Americans, and I can't defend her at all, what a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's a bitch because she's a kid having fun who maybe screwed up a little.

This smacks of taking things too seriously and caring too much.

I'm pretty sure people have a lot better reasons to hate Americans than what some kid snowboarder did.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the OLYMPICS! I'm pretty sure it's a lot more her not taking it seriously enough than me taking it too serious.

As far as people hating Americans for other reasons, I know they do, but stuff like this chick you just can't defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize the Olympics entail just playing sports right? There are no diplomatic conferences or treaties signed while the Olympics take place, just sports.

While they may be entertaining and fun to watch they are, for the most part, meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Many countries feel that their performance in the Olympics is a reflection on the quality of thier people and the nation itself on a huge scale. While American may care less, up and coming countries like China make the Olympics a huge political event. The popularity of national leaders is literally affected by the performance of the team on the international stage.

Also, in the last Olympics the Koreans felt they were cheated at the speed skating event and the anti-American sentiment in that country was extremely high for a long time due to this.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:41 AM

Just because these other people also take sports too seriously doesn't change the fact that they aren't that important. Also, just because some koreans went insane because of Apollo winning the gold doesn't mean all of them or even a large portion of them, nevermind that their attitude had no effect on US Korean relations from 2002 until now.

Sports do not affect the big picture, only the small one to those who live and breathe it.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel the following competitors have been properly scathed.

1. Someone please kill this douche.

2. I'm sick of hearing this guy's made-up fgt name.

3. Carrot top meets that wackjob VJ from 7 years ago on MTV. Seriously, are all snowboarders hideous? IT IS SPELLED SHAWN OR SEAN. AND IT IS A BAD NAME ANYWAY.

Red hair sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that pisses me off more than all three of these douches combined is people who speak English instisting on saying the Olympics are in "Torino". The city where the Olympics are being held is Turin, not [censored] Torino.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Spicoli gets to the Olympics, and you're surprised (s)he made a bonehead play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.