Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: Feb (LC thread)**

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't know what to do anymore. I had 40 sets since 1 Feb. (15k hands). I just ran into the 10th set-under-set situation. I'm at 50%W$SD with AA. I'm break-even for KK. I'm break-even for flushes. I'm break-even for full houses. I'm break-even for straights. I'm a huge loser at AK. I just can't win. And this is friggin NL25!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been pretty bad to hear what's been happening to you over the last month or so. Somethings gotta give sometime man. I dunno, if it was me i think i'd probably just get the hell away from the game for a while.

Let's not forget that playing is something you're supposed to enjoy, and it shouldn't just be about pain and suffering. Can you remember back to when you first started playing and sat down at a table and had fun? Well that's how it should be. From the outside it really seems to me that maybe one of the biggest problems you're encountering is negative expectation aside from the main issue of quite honestly [censored] luck.

Take one or two weeks off the game completely, forget [censored] poker for a while until you can come back with a better overall perspective and you can enjoy it again.

I'm sure there are people who are going to disagree with me about on this and say play it out but it's got to start effecting your decisions consciously or not at some point.

Quit it, chill a bit, come back with fresh eyes and not before you can do it without feeling like [censored].
Old 02-28-2007, 11:12 PM

When running bad I usually do not quit poker completely, but change game

SNGs, PLO or perhaps Stud are good alternatives

Last time around I read Rolf Slotbooms PLO book and played PLO for a week, highly recommended.

Reading 7CSFAP and playing stud is also good.

Messing around with SNGPT, playing pushbot late and weaktight early in SNGs can be a cure, if you are suffering from too high aggression.

The good thing here is, that you are taken out of your normal playground, where you might have build up some habit ... everything is suddenly unknown and fresh forcing you to think about the game again and study.

Of course this only works if you put some effort into the new game
Old 02-28-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what the 10/6 has to shove two buyins in.. any guesses?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($91.70)
MP ($28.20)
CO ($102.30)
Button ($40.85)
SB ($27)
Hero ($131.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10.5</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $102.3</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $114.05

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, might this be a spot where you would fold KK PF? I think I would.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 PM

Worst stackoff of my poker career I think, berate plz

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $71.6
UTG: $44.75
MP: $64.20
CO: $20
Hero (BTN): $49.75
SB: $69.3

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($10.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $15</font>, Hero calls $8

<font color="black">River:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($40.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $30</font>, Hero calls all in for $29.75
Uncalled bet of $0.25 returned to BB

<font color="black">Results:</font>
BB had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Jacks) and won $96.75
Hero had 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Fives)
Final Pot: $96.75 ($3.00 rake)
Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Thac is tha nutz at mtts

[ QUOTE ]
This is why my river agression is low.. donks LOVE doing that, check and let them hang themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

everytime i try that the villian checks behind. DOH!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2007, 11:53 PM

Xanta... would be player dependant... however if that is your worst stackoff in your poker career then i'd say you are doing fine... I have done much worse (many times) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 AM

I've never seen the check/minraise river instashove be anything but sets and better. I knew this, but I HAD NOT ONE, BUT TWO WHOLE PAIRS. I'M ALL IN!

Frustrating sessions, but I'm playing better I think. I'm confident I can pull out of this downswing in 20k hands or less.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:53 AM

i saw a thread somewhere, dont remember where, but it was a short writeup about sorting out your pokertracker database to help you determine the monies you must report on your taxes. anyone know where that link might went to? i thought it was in this forum.

in other news, my very first hand of this month was AA. this month is already lookin good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread