Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
edit: nobody is saying it didn't happen. it almost certainly did take place, only they were in all likelihood reading off some sort of script. one party misspelling a word repeatedly does not prove or disprove anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys and your tin-foil hats...jesus christ.

Every time I open this thread I'm amazed by the stuff people are saying.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Josem, some very good points. A balancing argument is always helpful, but regarding your impression that AP is no longer run by crooks: Well, I do a great impression of Ren & Stimpy and it's worth about the same. Seriously, dude - evidence so far says AP is protecting Scott Tom and AJ Green/Grimard (it's been so long since we mentioned them, don't you think?). That stinks as bad as the initial offence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jebus, stop doing this. No, the evidence certainly does not say that AP is protecting AJ Green (except for that whole 'blackmailing' thing.) In fact, every piece of evidence unanimously points at everyone at AP wanting Green's head on a stick, and if I were AJ Green, I would make it a point not to enter any dark alleys in the near future.

The evidence also does not 'point to' AP protecting Scott Tom. Right now, I would say it's inconclusive whether they are doing that, and I'd really love to know one way or the other because it would pretty much determine the course I'd take with this from now on. On the other hand, I'm fairly sure you don't know any more than I do, so stop saying it's a certainty. AP not going to the cops doesn't mean a thing for obvious reasons - they're not even gonna out AJ Green, and you can bet if Green ever enters Kawanahke he's not coming back out, so what does that tell you?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can we get a tea leaf reading expert in to analyse the statement too? how about a psychic woman to determine whether she is getting the right vibrations from mark seif?

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't take a [censored] psychic to know that they knew this convo would be posted everywhere. it also doesn't take a psychic to know what that means about the credibility of said convo.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She'd be about as believable.

EDIT: Dean: I think that's spot on.

Call me crazy-ape-bonkers, folks, but 30 Gig per month seems awful high for HH. It's nothing special: a bog-standard text file, not many gaps, I mean - 30 gig per month?

Can someone who knows more than I do confirm that's a realistic figure?

I only ask because it's a clearly fact-checkable statement in the transcript.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the size they're discussing is not the size of text hand histories, but the size it takes in their database. That will inflate the size much beyond what a flat text would be. A prudent thing to do if you WERE going to delete from your database, is at least keep the text files around... That would reduce the size tremendously.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:51 PM

No worries folks.

Apparently AP has located the log files of hand histories dating back two months and more.

There is just one problem, the storage technique they were using was unconventional.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call me crazy-ape-bonkers, folks, but 30 Gig per month seems awful high for HH. It's nothing special: a bog-standard text file, not many gaps, I mean - 30 gig per month?

Can someone who knows more than I do confirm that's a realistic figure?

[/ QUOTE ]

A typicaly hand history in raw text format is about 1K, so 30GB would be 30 million hands. Based on hand histories I've seen posted, the hand numbers increased from about 750m on 9/1 to 778m on 10/1, or 28 million in a month. So 30GB sounds dead on, actually. If you compressed the hands (like with ZIP), they'd probably only take 5GB or so. If you left them in a database, they would take more than the 30GB.

I don't know if their play money hand histories use the same numbering scheme, so the 28m may or may not include play money.

-pyg
Old 10-25-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Just got paid.

Absolute just paid me $$ for cash game losses to Doubledrag, Graycat, and Steamroller.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute just paid me $$ for cash game losses to Doubledrag, Graycat, and Steamroller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. That's 3. Care to revise that statement AP?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP not going to the cops doesn't mean a thing for obvious reasons - they're not even gonna out AJ Green, and you can bet if Green ever enters Kawanahke he's not coming back out, so what does that tell you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That tells me this is the shadiest company in poker and are willing to murder to protect their interests. What does it mean to you?
And if this is the case, I hope for Nat's sake he finds ABSOLUTELY nothing in Costa Rica.

OTOH, they have a great reload bonus and 10% interest... LOL
Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, got a lot. Adanthar and Nat...I want to donate 500 each to your favorite charities. Let me know what they are.

Dave