Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Weird facebook/social issue

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, if I read this right, this isn't the girl you added as a friend?

I think some people just block themselves from being viewed by anyone they aren't friends with, even if you're in the same network. I don't think it's personal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I searched for her. I can see her. Her friends. And add her. So. It's not that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I thought at first it was some privacy thing, but when my friend her (the one that isn't my roommate) could find her, I guess that's when I thought it could be blocking...
Old 09-14-2007, 05:42 AM

okay if not on your f-list, then obvious blocking. i am too lazy to re-read the story to conjecture about why she blocked you.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:39 AM

She obviously really likes you, but could tell you werent interested in her at all, so she blocked you in order for you to spend your free time wondering wtf was going on, and thus pondering her existence, hoping that it would bug you so much you would become attracted to her so that she could refuse your advances and decide she doesnt like you (because now you want her, ldo), and since she already has you blocked she wont have to worry about doing it again.

women are so [censored] wiley!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, tonight, I see that a random person added me on facebook. I check out the profile and recognize her as my roommate's ex (but they're still friendly), so I hit add, etc. I notice that our one mutual friend (my roommate) has a new profile pic so I click on his link to leave him some dumb wall post about it. Then I see the latest wall post on his facebook is from the girl from the night before. But... I can't click on her name and her picture is a question mark. I'm like, wtf? Out of curiousity, I try to search her and nothing shows up. Another buddy of mine is down her staying with us this week, so I ask him to search her -- I didn't think it was possible to make yourself un-addable to the entire community. She comes right up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I realized this paragraph is confusing, so I edited it below:

[ QUOTE ]
Now, tonight, I see that a person who I didn't know or recognize added me on facebook (ie, nothing to do with the girl from trivia). I check out the person's profile and recognize her as my roommate's ex (but they're still friendly), so I accepted her friend request. Still unrelated to the girl from trivia, I notice that our one mutual friend (my roommate) has a new profile pic so I click on his link to leave him some dumb wall post about it.

This is where it ties back in... I see the latest wall post on his facebook is from the girl from trivia. But... I can't click on her name and her picture is a question mark. I'm like, wtf? Out of curiousity, I try to search her and nothing shows up. Another buddy of mine (not from the school or network that my roommate and I go to) is down here staying with us this week, so I ask him to search her -- I didn't think it was possible to make yourself un-addable to the entire community. She comes right up in my buddy's search, so she is viewable to the facebook community.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-14-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She obviously really likes you, but could tell you werent interested in her at all, so she blocked you in order for you to spend your free time wondering wtf was going on, and thus pondering her existence, hoping that it would bug you so much you would become attracted to her so that she could refuse your advances and decide she doesnt like you (because now you want her, ldo), and since she already has you blocked she wont have to worry about doing it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius! Either this or she's just a bitch.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I LOL'ed. But with some of the women I've met before, I wouldn't put it past them to do this [censored] (and I'm being serious). She didn't strike me as being that crazy though.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:06 AM

You shouldn't be able to block people that you go to college with unless you supply like rape charges to Zuckerberg. Defeats the whole purpose of the site.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Weird facebook/social issue *DELETED*

Post deleted by daryn
Old 09-14-2007, 09:24 AM

"lol -aments" still not dead... wow.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:35 AM

i know for a fact you can block yourself from people outside your school.

i also think you can make yourself viewable only by people in your extended network, so friends with a friend or something. maybe i made that up.